VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there,

I've been searching for a couple of hours now and ffmpegx is just working great for me. However, I do have a couple of VOB files, which I want to convert into one single mpeg-2 file, if that's possible. Everytime I use 'DVD' as a target format, I get multiple files and can't use these either.

My goal is to get the original VOB files into iDVD without any loss in quality. I just can't figure out the right options and settings in ffmpegx...

It would be great, if anyone could help.

Let me know if you need more information.

thanks a lot

EDIT: I do not want to create one mpeg2 file from multiple vob files. I'd rather create one mpeg2 file from one vob file (i.g. "1.vob" = "1.mpg"; "2.vob" = "2.mpg"; etc.)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you want to turn individual VOB files into proper individual MPEG-2 files, then use MPEG Streamclip. Load the VOB, ignore the warning (no decoding needed for this), Save as MPEG.

I doubt it will help you get MPEG files into iDVD, though. The DV file format seems better suited for that.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Don't know if that solved your problem, but I use OSEX 0.0110a1 to do that. Works great, and is easy to use. The only bad feature is that the movie must be on a DVD.
    Quote Quote