VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I am looking at getting a full size ATX case.....I need 2 external 3.5" slots....4-5 external 5.25, and a bunch of interal 3.5" slots....I would like lots of room. Any idea on a reasonably priced case?
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
  2. Antec is good, 300 model is less than $50. Other models on sales are around $100. Fry's has them on sale now if you are close to one. The ones around $100 comes with 500 watts PSU, if you intend to use 1 video card with intel CPU that should be enough. I recommend 300 it is compact and quite cheap but wiring could be tricky because PSU is on the bottom. This kind of box is bit harder to assemble but it is one time only. It has a lot of cooling holes and fan. It has 3 dvd slot and enough HD slots. If you want a big box there are so many choices but I think they are too tall and heavy and you have to get PSU with long wires to reach around the case. Look at your intended motherboard picture and locate the 6pin power plug see how far it would be from PSU same for if you have cables going from the top of the case to the SATA plugs. So medium case would be cramped to assemble (one time deal) Big case the length of cables problem. With big case and small fans heat gets trapped, medium case with big fans like Antec 300 moves the air much better. Now you need to do your homework on length of cables.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Soopafresh

For that kind of money it better spit out fresh pizza by the slice & have a chilled bourbon dispenser!!!

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Noahtuck
    Originally Posted by Soopafresh

For that kind of money it better spit out fresh pizza by the slice & have a chilled bourbon dispenser!!!

Hey, NewEgg just put it on sale! Line up, folks.
    Quote Quote