Hi,

I've been using this DVD player for about 6 years without issue. Then, just the other day, when I turned it on and received the signal on the TV, I noticed the following things happening:

- screen is flickering hard to the point of barely being able to read/see what's on the screen; flickering, meaning, vertical movement of horizontal lines, maybe 10 per second.
- the DVD player splash screen, which was originally in colour, is now in black & white
- when I put a DVD (which previously worked fine) in the player, the DVD player digital display reads "PLAYBACK RESTRICTED" and at the upper left side of the TV screen, which is flickering hard, I can barely make out the words "Not Pal"
- audio CDs still work fine (sound comes through the TV), but the screen is flickering the whole time

It has been extremely difficult to change the settings (trying to make out what's on the flickering TV), but I managed to fiddle with most of them, to no avail. The one I keyed on was the PAL/Auto setting which I made sure was on Auto and it made no difference...

Any ideas?

Kevin