VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi im having a problem here, it took me about 3 hours to convert 2hours avi movie file into dvd format..although im using intel e7300@3.5ghz , seagate 500bg with read/write@100mbps. Im using the latest ulead video studio software. I noticed that during convertion, it used only 50% of cpu. Is there any other dvd maker software that used 100% of dual core cpu?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    a second hard drive would speed things up. instead of having to read/write to the same drive reading form on and writing to a second would inprove your throughput.

you might try the demo of convertxtodvd. if it's straight conversion without any editing it is pretty quick.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. the main problem is it used only 50% of cpu..iv tried to use another software such agk, but it still using half of cpu..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use FAVC for this type of conversion. HCEnc uses approx 80% of all CPUs installed. Similarly, I use agk with Divx Pro and get good utilisation of all CPUs (running on a quad core). I know that older versions of Xvid aren't multi-CPU aware, so you may have to upgrade Xvid if that is what you are using for agk. I would have thought the latest Ulead was multi-processor aware, but perhaps it isn't.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. i used convertXtodvd 3 last night, it took me under 20mnts convertion for 2hours avi movie file into dvd. I was suprised. I noticed that it used the whole of my 2 gb RAM. Iv tried the new ulead x2 but it still slow >.> . guns1inger how long it usually took u to convert 2 hours of avi move file into dvd?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I use FAVC and it usually takes around 40 minutes for a 2 pass high quality encode with HCEnc. ConvertXtoDVD uses a faster encoder that does a single pass at arguably lower quality, hence it completed in around 20 minutes.

That said, FAVC also doesn't require all your ram to run, and leaves enough processing headroom to let me do other things at the same time.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. tq so much for the info, ill try favc soon.
    Quote Quote