VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have to take a video (purely home purpose) in the night. I have thought to use two halogen lamps of 1000W and 500W for that. Should it serve my purpose? Please advice me, I have to purchase these accessories.
    regards
    anindyanuri
    ===========
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You will get light, but is will be harsh and flat, and most likely cause flaring of anything bright or white that is in shot. If you have access to the these lights prior to the event, I would suggest taking some test footage to see what it really looks like.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The secret the lighting director knows is the wide flood lights are used to boost the black level of the set (reduced contrast) while the Key and Backlight influence the gray and white levels.

Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by guns1inger
    You will get light, but is will be harsh and flat, and most likely cause flaring of anything bright or white that is in shot. If you have access to the these lights prior to the event, I would suggest taking some test footage to see what it really looks like.
    thank you for your reply. i am now going on with some test footage with these lights. as it is home video, it will serve the purpose at present. i'll also have to look for a couple of drawing boards with white sheets on it for taking shots with light bounced on it.

anyway, i got the rhythm what you have warned with your message. thank you once again.
    regards
    anindyanuri
    ===========
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by edDV
    The secret the lighting director knows is the wide flood lights are used to boost the black level of the set (reduced contrast) while the Key and Backlight influence the gray and white levels.
    thank you for your great tips. it is for a number of lighting equipments. i only have to use one or two lights at present. the total situation will be taken indoor. you may call it my test game with effects of light on a family occasion. i'll think further if i get the pass mark in this shoot.
    regards
    anindyanuri
    ===========
    Quote Quote