VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So I finally decided that I was going to buy an Ipod touch. Decided to go with the 32GB version, and went to ebay to see what they had. I also checked out Apple.com to see what the prices were to make sure it was still worth while. 32GB was going for 500USD, and the one I won on Ebay went for 415CAN, so I was all happy that I got a good deal. Now this was on Sat. Sept 6th, three days before they apparently decide to release the new Ipod touch 2G!!!! which now goes for 399USD and has external speakers, and a few extra goodies. I'm soooooooo pissed off that there was no mention of the fact that they were releasing the new Ipod in just a few days on the Apple website, and I never thought to look elsewhere. So now I'm stuck with an older model Ipod that I paid too much for. **** I hate life sometimes!!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why would a company cannibalize their own sales by giving early warning of new models?

I understand you got suck and that sucks but its not really apples fault IMO.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That's a lot of money for a music player.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Unless you've been in a cave, you should have known that a new version was probably going to be released this week. It's been all over the net.

silvas
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    and people complain about microsoft?
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Its not like Apple is losing sales, I still would have bought the Ipod, just a week later. It sucks too, cause normally I am relatively up to date on tech things, I've just been really busy with work and stuff lately, that I havn't had any free time to read up on this I guess. So its not that i've been in a cave, I just have a life haha.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by ryangarfield
    Its not like Apple is losing sales, I still would have bought the Ipod, just a week later.
    No you would have bought A Ipod a week later. They do that so they don't get stuck with a lot of merchandise no one wants and to maximize profits until the release of a new one..
    Quote Quote  
  8. yeah thats exactly why they do it...and don't you think that thats kind of morally wrong for a company of Apple's size to do? I guess I do kind of see it from both sides of the coin.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why do people attribute morals to a company ? It is an organisation created for the sole purpose of making money, not to do anyone a favour. If being a good corporate citizen or putting the customer first serves the interests of the company or increases profits, they will do so. If bending the customer over and giving them a good rogering in the dark makes them money, they will do that to. Don't ever believe that they know who you are or care in the least about you as a person.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Silvas
    Unless you've been in a cave, you should have known that a new version was probably going to be released this week. It's been all over the net.
    Pretty much.
    His name was MackemX

What kind of a man are you? The guy is unconscious in a coma and you don't have the guts to kiss his girlfriend?
    Quote Quote  
  11. No need to worry .. the average lifespan of Apples handheld products is less than three years.. quite often as little as 18 months .. plenty of time to spend out big on the latest gadg. If you're too ashamed to be seen in public with it, you can always use it as a storage device or ebay it..making sure you tell the seller its not the lastest generation 8)
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote