VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm very new to video editing on computers, & have read a lot of posts on this site & a lot of the guides, but I was wondering if I could get a direct answer to what it is I want to do.

I have 2 DVDs of the same show. One in English, one in Japanese. The Japanese DVD has fully remastered video, & the English has very poor video. I've already ripped the Japanese DVD, but I want to replace the original audio track, then reburn the DVD with menus & everything else intact.

The audio track will require a bit of modifying as the English DVD added an intro to the first episode where there wasn't one in the Japanese track, & the "in the next episode" parts are not in the English version. This is OK as I will just have the Japanese audio over those parts (as I don't want to remove them).

I've seen this guide (https://forum.videohelp.com/topic275603.html) & seen that a lot of people have said to use this to replace audio files & it looks easy enough to do. I need to edit the English audio track to match the video, & insert the Japanese bits where required, then replace the Japanese track with this new one I create & reburn it as if it was the original DVD but with the new audio track.

Is there a specific guide that will show me how to do this? I need a program I could see the video in & line up the audio, such as Adobe Premiere. I probably answered my own question there...

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If it is 5.1 audio then you are in for a hard time. There is very little that edits 5.1 natively (i.e. imports it as 5.1 and lets you edit and output as 5.1). Perhaps Audition or the very latest version of Sound Forge. Neither Vegas or Premiere will do it.

If it is only stereo then it is very simple. I would choose Vegas over premiere because it's audio editing is superior (it began life as an audio editor)
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think it's just stereo (says that on the back of the English DVD), but I'm not too bothered about outputting 5.1 even if the source is. Stereo will do me fine, I'm more interested in the image quality than the sound.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well whats the nicest stereo ever?
    Quote Quote