VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    not sure if this the place to post this but I have installed Nero 8 and the install quits at 7% and says file corrupt. I downloaded the Nero clean tool and redownloaded from the Nero mirror but the same thing happens. I have cleared all temp files and done everything that I can think of. Anyone have a clue on what may help me solve this issue? Thanks Breeze
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Not sure what's going on to be honest. I've never been a big fan of Nero. I will just suggest that you try using imgburn. It works as a burning application much better than nero IMHO. It's not bloatware and best of all it's free!
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The best advice I can give you on Nero 8 is to uninstall it and use ImgBurn like Freebird73717 suggested. I was a longtime fan of Nero until version 6 came out. Since then, it seems to have gone downhill with each update. I have found that Nero does not work and play well with other software, and is prone to abort during the burning phase, leaving a lot of unnecessary coasters behind. There is better stuff out there (like ImgBurn), and I think you'd be a lot happier if you made the switch. With ImgBurn, it won't cost you anything. Note: I have used ImgBurn solely for burning DVDs and data CDs. For audio CDs, I've had great luck with cdrtfe (also freeware), though I hear the new version of ImgBurn does audio CDs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    re: Nero 7; I just removed Nero 7 (I am another Imgburn convert) and, I kid you not, I removed 2,700+ references in my XP Pro register under "Nero", and another 200 under "Ahead". I was so flubbergusted that I took a screenshot of the total references that RegSeeker found to show folks I wasn't exaggerating!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you are running Vista, did you install with 'Run as Administrator'? If not you may have problems.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    HiYa' Red, no, I am an XP man. What I don't know about Vista would fill many volumes.
    Quote Quote