VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got two HD 2600XT 512MB GDRR3 on both of my identical PC (Q6600, 2X2GB) and whenever I use the slider (WMP or MPC) to fast forward/seek, it's kinda like on turbo/high and after few secs then it's back to normal speed again? is this normal? (never experienced this type of situation with on my old P4 2.8C, 1GB ram and ATI 9550 AGP).

Regards.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Nope. Does it happen with all kind of video? wmv, avi, dvd, etc?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I've seen this happen with some long GOP codecs (WMV, Divx, Xvid, h.264, etc) on some systems. When you seek to the middle of a GOP the player decodes the nearest keyframe then must decode each frame up to the requested frame. Intead of doing this invisibly it displays the frames as fast as possible.

I think it's caused by some kind of miscommunication between the file splitter and the decompressor.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Baldrick, jagabo for the feedback.

Only the .wmv files are behaving this way, the rest of the files (.mpeg, .avi, .rmv, .rmvb, .mov, .divx, .mp4, .flv...) are all OK/normal speed, so what gives?

Just want to make sure that both my video cards are NOT faulty/malfunction.

Best regards.

P/s I'm using MPC (Media Player Classic v6.4.9.0 mod design for homecinema usage by Casimir666 v1.0.11.0) + ffdshow + AC3Filter.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes, I've seen it most often with WMV.
    Quote Quote