VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Has Comcast blocked the Rip Different site? I can’t ”can’t connect to host" when I try to access the site. I need to download the latest version of MTR. I’ve sent in my email (not comcast) to the author to donate but that was two weeks ago and have not received a reply. Any suggestions on how to get the latest version?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think it's being blocked by Comcast. I got a connection refused error on BellSouth, so I went to anonymouse and they couldn't get it either.

The author of MTR uses a redirect service. If his account is down then we can't reach him.

A simple Google search shows a certain Mr. Wong is openly linking to the actual download url (which doesn't work). I imagine Geez needs to move the file. I donated, but this means anyone can get it without paying.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    They have been experiencing server issues for the past few weeks and are in the process of switching servers.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Just my luck when I finally get back into burning backups the site goes down. javascript:emoticon('')

I was just surprised that no one else had mentioned it on the forum and immediately went to comcast as the culprit. It’s a scarry thought that we could get censorship on the web.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @dnix71:

not to mention all the illegal torrents floating out there.
    How much you want to bet the next version of MTR
    has to "phone home" before you can use it?

wouldn't put it past 'ol gb..........
    "Everyone has to learn, so that they can one day teach."
    ------------------------------------------------------
    When I'm not here, Where can I be found?
    Urban Mac User
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Apparently Comcast IS blocking the emails from MTR forums. There are a couple of posts to that effect.

If you donate you MUST use another return email addy to get an answer.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    works fine here in the northeast on comcast. the email may go into the spam folder but that you can change.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  8. I was contacted offlist with instructions on donating. I used my Gmail address and the new beta version is great!

It just looks like my troubles were a result of GB being on vacation at the same time the server went down. ripdifferent.com is available now as well on comcast.
    Quote Quote