VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey, I've been having a problem with my DVD's playing on my player. It is an LG model and supports all the DVD -RW/+RW etc, etc. I have a movie on my computer that came in .vob .ifo form. I burned it to DVD-RW using Nero, and it works just fine on my portable.

My problem is I have some .avi files which will not work on my portable when burned. I used WinAvi to convert the .avi to .vob files. I then attempted to burn it to DVD-RW. The disc works fine on my regular DVD player, but will not load on my portable DVD player.

I'm pretty new when it comes to all of this, but my guess is something is lost when converting the .avi to .vob or something. Should I just use TMPGEnc to convert the .avi to mpeg-2?

Any help is appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not all discs play on all players, and RWs are the least compatible of all. That said, WinAVI doesn't always create compliant files.

Try

1. Burning the output from WinAVI with Imgburn instead of Nero or anything else

2. Burning to a + or - R disc instead of an RW

3. Converting with something else
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would try convertxtodvd instead of winavi and use + or - disk like guns1inger sugested. It also has a built in burner. Its a one click and thats it program. The best there is for this type of conversion.
    Quote Quote