VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    This is an excellent port of the Halo 2 xbox game. I can run it pretty smoothly at 1024 with my nvidia 7300le card. Though it did try to stop me from installing saying I needed to have a video card with at least 128mb memory - mine only has 64mb but I have 320mb shared total video memory so that's probably how I was able to get it working.

The graphics look a whole heck of a lot better than the xbox 1 game. Now granted I was playing halo 2 on 480i standard non widescreen non high def tv. So I don't know how it looked at 480p widescreen but I doubt it looked this good. The details are very sharp. Gameplay is excellent so far with the keyboard - though I've only been playing for less than an hour so far

I'm hesitant to sign up for LIVE GOLD for multiplayer. What other games are going to be using LIVE that it might make it worth while? I do get a month free trial with my game so I can give it a run down.

Since I don't have my xbox any more and I don't plan on buying a 360 any time soon this was a great way to play halo again. I might even pick up halo 1 this is so good (the pc port that is).

Also halo 2 for vista has 23 multiplayer maps and 2 exclusive maps for Vista. It also comes with a map editor! I haven't done multiplayer yet.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So... Any reason Halo 2 has to run on Vista?

My Vista upgrade finally arrived but the more and more I read/see the more I don't want to install it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I won't be buying it as it requires Vista. I refuse to install a horrible OS to play a decent game.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SquirrelDip
    So... Any reason Halo 2 has to run on Vista?

My Vista upgrade finally arrived but the more and more I read/see the more I don't want to install it.
    Quite frankly the only reason is because microsoft says so. Which is ok by me since I already have a pc running it....
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    not to thread jack, but vista is not all that bad. i have a copy on my laptop for one reason, to help people when they have problems so i can see the same screen while on the phone. the laptop is an HP, 1.73 Centrino, 2 gig DDR2, and integrated graphics. once you get around disableing all the junk that pops up, I must admit, Vista is not all that bad. the only two apps that did not work were Power DVD and Norton.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by chesterfield
    not to thread jack, but vista is not all that bad. i have a copy on my laptop for one reason, to help people when they have problems so i can see the same screen while on the phone. the laptop is an HP, 1.73 Centrino, 2 gig DDR2, and integrated graphics. once you get around disableing all the junk that pops up, I must admit, Vista is not all that bad. the only two apps that did not work were Power DVD and Norton.
    I have to support it on a daily basis as part of my job and though eventually I will install it because I need to be familiar with it, I think the OS is a hunk of you know what and obviously the new Windows ME
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Faustus
    Originally Posted by chesterfield
    not to thread jack, but vista is not all that bad. .
    I have to support it on a daily basis as part of my job and though eventually I will install it because I need to be familiar with it, I think the OS is a hunk of you know what and obviously the new Windows ME
    I have to agree. I think it will be short lived and SP1 will change a lot more than the usual SP

I have to learn it too. Just like XP after it came out.

Personally, I have yet to find any reason to upgrade from Win2K other than having to learn the newest and latest stuff MS pushes out.
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote