VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    I am having difficulty finding a Wii here in the States. I could pay out the whazoo to buy one online but would rather not. I am going to Japan in a week and I am hoping they are more plentiful there, and I've heard they're a bit cheaper. Now, if I do such a thing, will it work here in the States? If I buy US games will they work and display in English? Or is it a regional thing, like DVD's? Looking for any advice, thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know if they are regional but I believe the wii store is regional. A buddy online who lives in japan said that they have different releases than we do. So you might not even be able to log in and buy downloads on the wii store if you use a japan model in the US. I don't know how that would work but I would be suprised.

I would say you would be much safer waiting for a us model. The variables are too big plus you'd need a power converter of some kind I imagine.

It probably has an english menu option on the japanese version but I can't gaurantee it.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the advice. I was thinking that realistically it would be better to buy one here, but what a cool story if I had bought it in Japan. Any ideas on when they will become more plentiful here? I live in Chicagoland, and I can't find one anywhere!
    Quote Quote