VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I need your help because I very seldom listen to music and don't know what's out there.
    My niece is graduating HS next week and I'd like to put together a short slideshow of pictures mixed with some video I've collected of her over the years. I'm looking for something with a theme that talks about a little girl growing up from either a parents perspective or the girls perspective. I'm not particularly concerned with genre or artist or duration.
    Do you have any suggestions?
    "Shut up Wesley!" -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
  2. Bump...
    I really need some suggestions. Time is running out.
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Not that I'm suggesting breaking the law but the Ozzy/Kelly Osbourne duet for "Changes" which can be found on AOL would probably work pretty well. It's rewritten slightly from the original version, too bad you can't use it. :P

http://video.aol.com/video/kelly-osbourne-changes/1119015
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for the suggestion, but what makes you think I intend to break any laws? I can't ask permission to use if I don't know about the song in the first place. Whether you think I can obtain the permission or not shouldn't keep you from making a suggestion.
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by gadgetguy
    Thanks for the suggestion, but what makes you think I intend to break any laws?.
    I wasn't suggesting you would, the trouble is getting permission for using a song from a major artist like that is near impossible. They have no interest unless you have a boatload of cash.
    Quote Quote  
  6. It's not as difficult as you might think, as long as it's for private, non-commercial use. The difficulty is in getting the contact information for the right person to ask. But again, that's my problem not yours (anyone reading), so please make suggestions.
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote  
  7. "My Little Girl," by Pierce Pettis. This song always brings a tear to my eye, and I don't even have any kids! Here are the lyrics:

FIRST BIKE, PIGTAILS FLY
    PEDALS WHIRL
    CAREFUL THERE SHE GOES
    MY LITTLE GIRL

SCHOOL BUS
    BYE BYE DAD
    HELLO WORLD
    FRAGILE HANDLE WITH CARE
    MY LITTLE GIRL

FIRST DANCE
    JUNIOR HIGH
    ROUND AND ROUND SHE TWIRLS
    CAREFUL WHOSE HAND YOU HOLD MY LITTLE GIRL
    WORLD OF WONDER, WONDER WHY
    YOU'RE TURNING SO FAST
    THESE MOMENTS WON'T LAST
    ONE BY ONE
    THEY COME, THEY'RE GONE
    NO WONDER I TRY TO HOLD ON

WHITE DRESS
    VEIL OF LACE, STRING OF PEARLS
    YOUNG MAN, DON'T FORGET SHE'S
    MY LITTLE GIRL

CAREFUL, THERE SHE GOES
    MY LITTLE GIRL
    Quote Quote  
  8. I want to thank those that made suggestions. I couldn't use any of them, but they got me on the right track and I was able to find just what I was looking for. Thanks again.
    Buy My Books
    Quote Quote