VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi.
    Since the audio input on my DV-camera got fucked up 1 month after the warranty expired I can only record video with it most of the time. THis christmas I recorded a separate audio track with my mp3-player that I could sync with the video if I needed to. the problem is that at some time the battery went dead and my wav file has become corrupted. I cannot open it in any software (Even tried Audacity Import RAW PCM) It seems that audacity have some problems with my functional recordings as well so I can't use that software. Unless I can recover this file my son's meeting santa and most parts of the unwrapping will be without audio.

The other files from the player is in the format:
    IMA ADPCM 8kHz (I know, crappy sound but as one source used in a 5.1 mix it's acceptable)

I've also tried a software called WAVsaver but it just crashes when working with the file.

I'm trying out goldwave tomorrow but this far it seems helpless...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Ok.. I could not wait..
    According to goldwave the format on a (working) file from the player is:
    Wave IMA ADPCM 8,000 kHz; 4 bits; Mono

As far as I can see the import raw data can only be set to import 8 bits or more..

This would not create a playable file from a non corrupted source.
    And the result from the corrupted file is.... nothing playable
    Quote Quote  
  3. Not a single idea?
    If you use another software can you check if it can import raw audio at 4bits.
    Is there such a software that maybe can add or change the header of the file so that my file can be patched to have a correct header and maybe be opened in goldwave or some other application?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Over 90 persons have read this topic and not a single idea.. I'm beginning to get frustrated I think the best way to get this working is to apply the correct header to the corrupt file and open it in goldwave.
    Quote Quote