VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have the Polaroid recorder, bought it a few months ago, everything has been good but last week I used the "RW for the first time. It seemed to go fine, yesDVD came up and worked but when I tried to play the discs on another DVD player the yesDVD menu never came up it just went directly to the movie. I was just wondering if anyone else had had this happen. The manual, such as it is, says the +RW discs are okay.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Probably better answered in our DVD Recorders Forum. Moving you.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    YesDVD - what is this? Yamaha recorder create menu automatically, but in my DMR-ES15, I have to create menu after recording for compatibility with other players.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have the same problem. If I put a -RW from my Pioneer in my computer, there is no menu.
    It could be because the +RW disk was not finalized to make it compatible for playing in other players.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    On my LG DVDrecorder, it will not allow finalization on +RW discs, hence they will only play on that same recorder. DVD -RW discs, however, can be finalized and have played fine on other DVD players.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I think I remember reading this question on a couiple of other sites. If I remember correctly the YesDVD will play ok on 2 out of 3 players or something like that. My opinion is that the player that does not see the title menu is the problem. Much of this DVD recording is not a perfect science. Especially with something new like YesDVD. On the player that does not see the title menu try pressing "menu" or "title" on the remote. See if this finds it.

Also, the +RW on the Polaroid do not need to be manually finalized. The recording mode is +VR and the disc is finalized prior to it being ejected. This is an automatic process with RW media. It is a manual process with write once media.
    Quote Quote