VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I was making a movie only backup of the newly released original theatrical version of SWIV. I can't get the subitiles to appear in the bar scene were Greedo talks to Han Solo. There are two english subtitle steams but even saving both won't make them appear on the copy. If I make afull disk copy the subtitles do appear. What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Those subs are most likely stored as your second english sub stream and are set to forced subs. Whatever program you are using to backup, it must not be tagging the stream as forced. DVD Shrink in Reauthor mode does this for example. A simple solution would be to take your movie only backup and open the main IFO for the movie in IFOEdit. Double Click on the second English subtitle stream and set it to forced. Save IFO and test.

(I'd copy the IFO to another location first so you have a backup if it goes to hell.)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I changed both subtitle steams to forced and the subtitle still don't appear?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You still haven't said what program you are using to backup with. If you are using DVD Shrink than try following this little guide.

http://www.dvdshrink.info/forcing_subs.php
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Used DVD Shrink. I tried DVD2ONE and the subs don't appear.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thankyou,using DVD Shrink and the guide you linked me to the forced subtitles are working. Thanks again.
    Quote Quote