VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have a 5th gen iPod video 60gb and a couple of months back I purchased a TV-out cable. It worked fine but there's some serious overscanning going on. It seems like I'm missing up to 1/3 of the screen, hence I haven't used it since. I was wondering if perhaps this problem was specific to my iPod and/or cable. Is anyone else having this same problem?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    Do you have your iPod set to output in widescreen? I have mine set to output in widescreen even though I only have an old 4:3 crt 28" tv, It displays properly like my DVD player would. What resolutions are you encoding your movies at ? Are you using H.264 or regular MPEG-4? Getting good quality for TV Out takes a little more work than encoding just for the iPod screen. If you are using a regular 1/8" AV cable you will have to swap the red and yellow Composite jacks as well, but you probably already knew that since you were getting somewhat of a picture.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Believe it or not, I didn't have to swap the red and yellow jacks. I'm using a very basic 768kbps, 320x240 H.264, but that's beside the point because I'm not terribly concerned with picture quality now. I just want to see the entire frame and not have the outside borders clipped. I tried outputting as both widescreen and 4:3 with the same result.
    Quote Quote