VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I have authored a DVD and the vertical margin of the subtitles I've inserted fall, a little bit, under the screen. I have tried to edit this margin, without demuxing and remuxing the dvd, using the DVDSubEdit, but the scroll bar doesn't appear when I load the program.
    I have downloaded several versions of this tool, but still I have the same problem....

Does anybody know an alternative tool, in order to edit the vertical margin of a subtitles directly in the vobs?
    Quote Quote  
  2. The root of all evil träskmannen's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The scroll bar is definitely there, you just haven't looked in the right place. It is not located where you might think it should be, next to the video itself.

There are two horizontal scrollbars below the lower right corner of the video viewer. Look at the headings: one is for vertical positioning. You can also drag-and-drop the subtitle if that suits you better.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    But, still, I can't find what exactly you're telling me.
    maybe I'm blind or somethine, I don't know.

I've attached this pic, so that you can explain to me, if you like, where
    is the scroll-bar of the movie.

Thnx!

Quote Quote  
  4. You need to load something (vob's, full domain or sup file) to have scroll-bar of the movie.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm not entirely sure what you want to do. You want to raise the subs? And they're not encoded or burned into the video? They're selectable? If so, then as Abond said, load a movie, and below the video screen is the "Subpic Vertical Position". That's what you use to raise (or lower) the subs. It's all explained in the included tutorial:

https://www.videohelp.com/~DVDSubEdit/UserManual/helpfile.htm

Section 2.7
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono
    I'm not entirely sure what you want to do. You want to raise the subs? And they're not encoded or burned into the video? They're selectable? If so, then as Abond said, load a movie, and below the video screen is the "Subpic Vertical Position". That's what you use to raise (or lower) the subs. It's all explained in the included tutorial:

https://www.videohelp.com/~DVDSubEdit/UserManual/helpfile.htm

Section 2.7
    the subs are on a different stream in the dvd format.
    I've loaded a movie ( Vob files ) in order to raise the subs, but still the scroll bar doesn't
    appear. I've the tutorial which says how to raise the subtitles, but I cannot see how much
    higher I've raised them. Furthermore, when I play the movie in my P.C. ( using Power DVD 6 or
    the windows media player ), I can see them correctly ( at a good height ). But when I play the
    movie in a stand-alone DVD player, then I have this problem.....

So, what you suggest is just to raise the subtitles from the "vertical" bar, even though I cannot see where the new height of my subtitles will be?

P.S. : In a 14'' tv the subs appear on its border line. Do you that a raise by 8 will be enough?

Thnx!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You have to keep in mind that TV have overscan, and PC does not.

(See glossary on the left)
    Quote Quote