VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If I make a dvd disc using prior the following softs for capturing and edition should I have any differences in quality when play at a standalone dvd player?
    1. Pinnacle studio9
    2. Adobe Premiere 6.5
    3. Ulead Video Studio8
    4. Nero6
    Suppose I burn disc with Nero6.
    For quality I mean image quality in a TV set or Projector.
    Should one have differences in colour, sharpness, resolutions, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What format and resolution are you using to capture the video? If you only edit it and don't have to re-encode it to DVD MPEG-2 format, it should have the same quality, color, etc.

If you capture in AVI format, then edit and finally encode, the encoding should be your only loss of quality, and the loss would depend on your encoding settings, mostly the bitrate used by the encoder.

You will also need to have the proper framerate and resolution for the video to be DVD compliant: Look to the upper left for 'What is' DVD to see the DVD specifications. <<<<<<
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes capturing from a minidv camcorder adding still photos with a variety of resolutions editing and encoding to mpeg2 dvd format and burning to dvd video.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Each of the mentioned program's do have similarities on input , but output quality can be different .
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Bjs
    Wrote
    but output quality can be different

Wich is the difference?
    Wich one will give a nice image at the screen of the tvset or Projector
    Or better wich one would you recommend for a better image respect to colour sharpness contrast and so on...
    Quote Quote