VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hopefully in the Right Forum Possible here and or Computer Forum topic? Not sure?

Mods please move if needed.

I'm building a new computer for encoding from DVD to Xvid/Divx and to be honest also to encode from a advc 1000 to Xvid/Divx or DVD.

I'm not even going to hook it up to the internet once I get the latest updates and such into it.

First question I seem to see various Xvid codecs all marked final?

Divx I'm thinking Latest version.

Or can I just install something like AVIRecomp and let its Xvid codec be the one?

Any Codecs known to be good or badwith dual core? This machine I'm going to try a AMD 4200 64/X2 processor in a Winfast (Foxconn) 6100K8MA-RS @ http://www.foxconnchannel.com/products_motherboard_2.cfm?pName=6100K8MA-RS

External HDDs to move Video files around from P4 3.0 and this one.

I am thinking of using TMPGEnc 3 Xpress for encoding to Divx and to DVD as I seem to recall it will support either HT or dual processors so it should support the dual core. Plus it encodes to Divx/wmv/xvid or from Divx/wmv/xvid.

Anybody want to suggest the best Xvid codec?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The only official XviD releases are source code. So anyone who takes the 1.1 final source and compiles it, you have a 1.1final build. My 1.1 final, Koepi's 1.1 final, etc. there should be no major differences. Personally I'd go with a 1.2cvs build.

No idea what build of XviD AVIRecomp installs. AutoGK tends to come with mine since I added MTK profiles plus generally have the most uptodate builds.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Oh, that explainds it! I was wondering why there were so many final builds of Xvid.

Anything I should watch out for with the version you suggest? I see it's yours.

To answer your question about AviRecomp it installs
    XviD-1.1.0-30122005 _Final Release_
    Based on CVS from 30.12.2005 20:00h MET
    as well as Avisynth 2.5, Vobsub and some other things. I was looking at it to see what it did and if could fix some AVIs that got messed up. My Toshiba 3990 every now and then it hits a avi and stays at loading even though the same file looks ok on the computer so I thought I'd try running them through that and see what happens. It is supposed to make them play on a Phillips 64 even. I'm not sure what went wrong on these files. I need to look at them and see as the Toshiba is supposed to support Qpel & GMC.

Anyway Thanks for the feedback
    Quote Quote