VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just bought a 32" LCD HDTV. It has a resolution of 1366x768. If I try and watch a DVD it centers it in the middle of the screen only about 2/3 across and 1/3 tall, and if I stretch it to fill the screen it only stretches horizontially. Any suggestions. I have tried component and composite inputs.

Thanks for any help.
    Dark booty out.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like you're watching a 4:3 movie that's just letterboxed and not anamorphic for widescreen tvs.
    His name was MackemX

What kind of a man are you? The guy is unconscious in a coma and you don't have the guts to kiss his girlfriend?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nope ive put in several DVD's. It's not that. They are all wide screen movies. Tried the new Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and several others. But now that u say that thats what it looks like its doing. Its not filling the screen vertically for some reason. I guess I'll take the tv back.
    Dark booty out.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just checked. They did letterbox the new Harry Potter. But crash says it is true animorphic wide screen and I get the same result when I watch each movie.
    Dark booty out.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The first pictire you saw was the raw 720x480 DVD size. When you scaled to 1366x768, it went to a 16:9 (1.78:1) aspect ratio. Your movies are probably (2.35:1). See this:

Quote Quote