VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. This is probably really simple but ... I cant view any of my pictures anymore from windows explorer. I have the folder with my pics set to Thumbnails, but I cant see anything except for the file icons. they worked just the other day but now seem to have stopped.

Previously when i previewed them in explorer, I could open each one and it would open in AcdSee. Now i haev to open each individual one to see what it is.

Anyway to correct this?

Thank you in advance

LG
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Did you uninstall ACDSee ?

Sounds like your file associations may have been screwed by uninstalling / installing something.

Right-click on one image, go to Open With, browse for ACDSee. Tick the box that says something like "always use this program for this type of files" and hit OK. Hopefully the images should open in ACDSee now. If not, try reinstalling ACDSee and it should reclaim the file associations.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I already uninstalled it but i dont know if that is what the problem is.

Maybe i didnt explain it properly. When i double click a pic, it opens in acssee no problem. The problem is that in windows explorer, even in the thumbnail view, all I see is the file icon with the name. No image preview as it should be and as it was a few days ago.

EDIT: I did the always open with this program (and even tried change it to paint, IE, photoshop) and it still wont preview in windows explorer
    Quote Quote  
  4. grrr ... it would appear that my registry went kerplooey ...
    Quote Quote