VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a new RCA DRC616N portable DVD player, which seems to be a decent player, at least as far as portables go. I'm having one problem, though, that I can't seem to solve.

The LCD screen has an aspect ratio of 16:9. When I play a DVD that is full screen (4:3), the player stretches the image horizontally to fill its screen, making everything in the picture too fat. I can't find any setting on the player to tell it to display in the original aspect ratio (with vertical bars on the sides).

When I play a widescreen DVD with a ratio wider than 16:9 it plays properly, that is, no vertical stretching and with horizontal bars on top and bottom).

Does anyone know how I can get this thing to play properly? It's rather annoying, and RCA provides no support whatsoever for this product.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.rcaaudiovideo.com/NR/rdonlyres/84267225-0E2F-4367-B07A-CCED6FD23B7B/0/DRC616NIB.pdf

Is the online version of the manual. Chapter 3 discusses TV Aspect (4:3 or 16:9, depending on what type of TV you are connected to), and Display Aspect (Letterbox or Pan and Scan) if you are using the built-in screen.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote