VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I was wondering why a dvd-rw plays after been burned by nero but a regular dvd-r will not.I used dvd shrink to make some movies and then had it burn them as well.The problem is i still cant get regular dvd-r to playin my philips dvp642/37 player.It will just spit them out.I have used kodak,benq,Memorex dvds with no luck.It is kind of weird because my computer burner is a philips.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have only had a few discs that would not play in my Philips, and they were +R's. Do the discs work in other players or your computer?
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. They will play dvd+r no problem,but will not play dvd-r for some reason.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    While I burn more +R and +RW, my dvp 642/37 plays DVD-R burned with Nero just fine. I have used unbranded -R and Pine brand -R without any issues. Sorry I can't recall the media id but you could check the player information on the site to see what other users have to say.

May be something in your process. Make sure you don't use multi session.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The philips player will not play dvds that are burned using dvd shrink and nero 6.
    Quote Quote  
  6. My philips dvp-642 plays every dvd shrink backup that I have made with no problem, the only thing I have had not play is one DVD+r for some reason.

If you have had problems with it not playing something maybe you should try another brand media.
    Quote Quote