VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Serene Savage Shadowmistress's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If Abbott and Costello were still around today their famous sketch "Who's on first?" might have turned out something like this....

Costello calls Abbott to purchase a computer . . .
    ABBOTT: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you?
    COSTELLO: Thanks. I'm setting up an office in my den and I'm thinking about buying a computer.
    ABBOTT: Mac?
    COSTELLO: No, the name's Lou.
    ABBOTT: Your computer?
    COSTELLO: I don't own a computer. I want to buy one.
    ABBOTT: Mac?
    COSTELLO: I told you, my name's Lou.
    ABBOTT: What about Windows?
    COSTELLO: Why? Will it get stuffy in here?
    ABBOTT: Do you want a computer with Windows?
    COSTELLO: I don't know. What will I see when I look in the windows?
    ABBOTT: Wallpaper.
    COSTELLO: Never mind the windows. I need a computer and software.
    ABBOTT: Software for Windows?
    COSTELLO: No. On the computer! I need something I can use to write proposals, track expenses and run my business. What have you got?
    ABBOTT: Office.
    COSTELLO: Yeah, for my office. Can you recommend anything?
    ABBOTT: I just did.
    COSTELLO: You just did what?
    ABBOTT: Recommend something.
    COSTELLO: You recommended something?
    ABBOTT: Yes.
    COSTELLO: For my office?
    ABBOTT: Yes.
    COSTELLO: OK, what did you recommend for my office?
    ABBOTT: Office.
    COSTELLO: Yes, for my office!
    ABBOTT: I recommend Office with Windows.
    COSTELLO: I already have an office with windows! OK, lets just say I'm sitting at my computer and I want to type a proposal. What do I need?
    ABBOTT: Word.
    COSTELLO: What word?
    ABBOTT: Word in Office.
    COSTELLO: The only word in office is office.
    ABBOTT: The Word in Office for Windows.
    COSTELLO: Which word in office for windows?
    ABBOTT: The Word you get when you click the blue "W".
    COSTELLO: I'm going to click your blue "w" if you don't start with some straight answers. OK, forget that. Can I watch movies on the internet?
    ABBOTT: Yes, you want Real One.
    COSTELLO: Maybe a real one, maybe a cartoon. What I watch is none of your business. Just tell me what I need!
    ABBOTT: Real One.
    COSTELLO: If it's a long movie I also want to see reel 2, 3 & 4. Can I watch them?
    ABBOTT: Of course.
    COSTELLO: Great! With what?
    ABBOTT: Real One.
    COSTELLO: OK, I'm at my computer and I want to watch a movie. What do I do?
    ABBOTT: You click the blue "1".
    COSTELLO: I click the blue one what?
    ABBOTT: The blue "1".
    COSTELLO: Is that different from the blue w?
    ABBOTT: The blue "1" is Real One and the blue "W" is Word.
    COSTELLO: What word?
    ABBOTT: The Word in Office for Windows.
    COSTELLO: But there's three words in "office for windows"!
    ABBOTT: No, just one. But it's the most popular Word in the world.
    COSTELLO: It is?
    ABBOTT: Yes, but to be fair, there aren't many other Words left. It pretty much wiped out all the other Words out there.
    COSTELLO: And that word is real one?
    ABBOTT: Real One has nothing to do with Word. Real One isn't even part of Office.
    COSTELLO: STOP! Don't start that again. What about financial bookkeeping? You have anything I can track my money with?
    ABBOTT: Money.
    COSTELLO: That's right. What do you have?
    COSTELLO: I need money to track my money?
    ABBOTT: It comes bundled with your computer
    COSTELLO: What's bundled with my computer?
    COSTELLO: Money comes with my computer?
    ABBOTT: Yes. No extra charge.
    COSTELLO: I get a bundle of money with my computer? How much?
    ABBOTT: One copy.
    COSTELLO: Isn't it illegal to copy money?
    ABBOTT: Microsoft gave us a license to copy money.
    COSTELLO: They can give you a license to copy money?
    ABBOTT: Why not? THEY OWN IT!
    A FEW DAYS LATER . .
    ABBOTT: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you?
    COSTELLO: How do I turn my computer off?
    ABBOTT: Click on "START"..........

Search Comp PM
    very good !
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)

3. LMAO

Search Comp PM
    LMAO!

Sadly,
    if A&C were alive today, they'd be unemployed. Why? Because most people these days don't appreciate good humor, instead preferring the most debased of topics. Some people would actually not find that skit funny, which is just sad.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS

5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ShadowMistress

Keep them coming! You have cracked me up these past few days, Thanks!
    IS IT SUPPOSED TO SMOKE LIKE THAT?

Search Comp PM
    That was funny as hell....:-0

7. Would be great if they were still around I liked those two.

8. where do you get em???

9. Serene Savage Shadowmistress's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I've posted more jokes at the pub.

(Click the rose in my sig pic for the link.)

10. Mate, Abbot and Costello are alive, and continuing their comedy routine,

They are both part of the Australian Federal Government, Costello is the treasurer, and Abbot is the Minister for Health, and believe me it is the same old inept slapstick routine!

NO POLITICS

Mod Offline

11. Rules

General
    General rules
    Warez rules
    Advertising
    Fair use / Backup
    Signatures
    Other

General
    This site hopes to promote a safe and educational environment for people to gather to discuss and share ideas that relate to video creation and playback. To that end this site will do whatever is necessary to keep the environment free from illegal or disruptive people or discussions.

General rules
    You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP addresses of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised. General posting rules and tips:

Please try to do some basic research before posting.
    Most fundamental questions are answered on the How To's on this site.

Use the Forum search feature.
    Using the search can yield rich rewards as most questions have already been previously answered.

Do not post the same topic on several forums.
    Please do not cross post, once is enough.

Please try not to "bump" your topic.
    Replying to your own topic to get it to the top is annoying. Try to have some patience, this is a bulletin board, not IRC. It may take some time (e.g., one or two days) before someone can answer your query or question.

Do not hijack topics.
    Please try to stick to the author's first post in each topic, if you want to discuss something else, create a new topic.

Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.

Warez rules
    What is warez? Obtained IP (intellectual property: software/music/movies) either through download, serial, or crack in a manner that either explicitly or implied breaks the copyright or license for that IP.

Do NOT give warez / Do NOT link to warez
    Distributing warez. This includes linking to warez either directly or to crack or serial sites. Offering warez in any fashion including PM or e-mail is against forum policy.

Do NOT ask for warez
    Asking for warez. In any fashion this is unacceptable including but not limited to PM or e-mail requests or information on what p-2-p network has copies.

Do NOT provide information on how to obtain warez
    Providing information on how to obtain warez.

Do NOT advocate warez
    Advocate warez. Recommending the use of warez.

Advertising
    You must contact the webmaster and get permission before you attempt to post solicitations or advertising. Anything that appears to be advertising or solicitation will be removed immediatly. This does not apply to LEGITIMATE news or user guides.

Fair use / Backup
    When you own the media, they are the rights you get automatically DESPITE what content providers or laywers might tell you. These rights are fully supported by the crew at VCDhelp and are the basis for most of the site. These fair use rights evaporate when you sell the media in question.

Backup
    You have the right to make A backup of your media. You can back up as much or as little as you wish.

Format shifting
    You have the right to convert your media to another format.

Time shifting
    You have the right to time shift your legitimately received cable, tv or satellite signal for viewing at a later time

Fair use DOES NOT APPLY TO rentals or borrowed media.

Signatures
    Max 3 lines text using font size 12(bbcode font=Normal) or smaller and using forum width 680 pixels.
    Max image size 400x60 and max file size 10kbyte.

Other
    No politic, religion or war discussions.

All disputes that arise from conflicts or vagueness in the AUP are to be decided soley by the webmasters or their moderators.

Rules for Offtopic

No Warez
    No Politics (including War)
    No Religion

(If you want to discuss Politics or Religion with members of this forum please visit Politick)

In addition to these three basic rules we have additional rules that help maintain the Off Topic as a hospitable place that can be perused by all members of the VideoHelp site. These additional rules are:

No Spam or Advertising:
    If you want to post links to free iPods or other spam you will banned. If you want to advertise a legitimate product or service contact Baldrick about advertising on the site.

No Questionable or Adult Content:
    This site receives broad exposure from a diverse range of users including minors and people browsing at work. Use common sense when posting text, links, images and other content that may be considered questionable by others.

If you are unsure about whether or not the content you wish to post is questionable, PM a moderator or administrator for their determination.

No Blatant Post Whoring:
    Whilst the Off Topic forum is a place to relax and talk with fellow members, blatant post whoring will not be tolerated. Examples of blatant post whoring include posts which contain only one letter or only a phrase like "IBTL".

No Blatant Provocation:
    If you continually misbehave or seriously provoke other users you will be formally warned and may be banned based on the determination of the moderator/admin team. This does not include provoking clearly made in jest or between friends (unless such posts are continuously unwanted by the targeted) and is targeted at problematic members only, not users as a whole.

Repeat Offenders:
    If you have been warned in the past about violating the rules of this site or the Off Topic forum in specific you will be looked less favorably upon by the moderators and admin of this site than regular users. This means that if you violate a rule and are formally warned by a moderator or administrator and break the rule again, you will be treated differently than a user without a past history of violations.

The moderators of this site use common sense when applying these rules. They aim to make the experience a pleasurable one, not to be big brother.

Thank You,
    The VideoHelp Moderator and Admin Team