VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Gumball 3000 is like the Cannonball Run movies with Burt Reynolds. This year celebrities like 50 Cent, Johnny Knoxville, Jamiroquai, Jodie Kidd, Owen Wilson, Daryl Hannah and Quentin Tarantino are amongst the flashy people racing Ferraris and other fast and expensive sports cars. The rally is 3,000 miles long and it goes over 6 days. Today they have been in Vienna Austria. The rally started in London on the weekend.
    Every car has a ALK CoPilot GPS navigation system with a T-Mobile SDA phone.

On this page all cars of the Gumball 3000 rally can be tracked in real-time on a map. http://live.gumball3000.alk.com/LiveDesktop.aspx?IsTrackingUser=

Find more details about the Gumball 3000 rally. http://www.gumball3000.com/
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    One of these days I'm gonna scrounge up an old Group S car and just torch cross-country for that. Forget driving on roads! Who wants to codrive for me, I'll need more than a GPS 8)

Short list of cars:
    Audi S1 Quattro
    Ford RS200
    Peugot 205 s16 Evo2
    Lancia Delta S4

Or the most versatile sports car ever, the Porsche 959
    FB-DIMM are the real cause of global warming
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ford RS200 only runs about 10 hours in full rally , before you have to rebuild the engine ... you would have to detune it a bunch

Peugot 205 s16 Evo2 would be a good choice as it is slightly more reliable than the audi i think ..
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The Lancia S4 is my favorite rally car. Boxy looks with a super/turbo mid-mounted engine and AWD. The rally version took it further with a tube frame and light body panels. I've looked at importing an old HF to the US and putting an Omni title on it and turning it into an S4 but that'll have to happen someday later in life. Only problem is these cars keep getting older. Pretty soon my GC Impreza is going to be considered a "classic" like the Lancia

But the Porsche 959... now that was a true sports car, but I think there were only 200 made and most were rebadged 968s I believe.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i few come up on ebay now and then ....

but be nice to grab this one

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, that's the stuff. I can't even imagine what they're going for. I bet the rally-prepped one doesn't cost all that much more than the pretty shiny ones. But damn if I wouldn't love to have an offroad Porsche that looked like that. Can you imagine the wierd looks you'd get?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote