VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I'm looking on ebay at all the adds for FTA receivers and I did a Google search. It seems most of the sites are in Canada and the U.K.
    Is stealing satellite signals less populat in the U.S. than it seems to be in Canada and the U.K.?
    FTA receivers have a legal use but seem to be sold mainly for stealing satellite signals(DISH-DirectTV).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    lots of things have legit uses than can be used for bad things (stealing)..

for example, crowbars.. you can use them to tear down old walls & put up new ones.. or you can use them to smash a window in a house to break in and steal stuff..

its not what you have, its how you use it.

i've heard FTA is pretty cool, but from what i've heard & read its kind of expensive to start up.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it is highly not legal in the usa to steal sat. and use / sell programmable cards and such ..

it is now also in Canada sort of - but it keeps going back and forth here on legality .. and not enforced much as long as it is not CND sat. signal you are stealing ... a lot of the equipment is sold open here... you can walk into some stores and buy all the gear you need ..
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is currently no way to steal DirecTV. Anybody that says otherwise is lying. DISH can be nabbed with FTA/DVB stuff, but it'll cost lots of money and take lots of time/effort to "keep current". Not to mention about as illegal as it gets. When I was looking into FTA, for legit reasons - getting foreign stuff, I saw LOTS of bogus BS illegal "free satellite" ads.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  5. Dish is in the process of going to Nagra 2, they won't be stealing their signal much longer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why would I want to steal satellite? They should have paid me to put up with their crap.
    Quote Quote