VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So, I bought 200 TY non-hub white printables from shop4tech the other day. VERY happy with the burn quality of the discs, but printing labels onto the surface with my R200 is terrible! The surface of the TYs is kind of bumpy, not smooth at all. So when the R200 prints, it tends to lose resolution and the final result doesn't have a "clean" finished look to it. I would try spraying the disc, but I don't think that will help at all.

Any one else have similar experiences? I'm sure it's not the R200's fault, because as an experiment, I tried printing the same label onto a non-TY printable disc and the result was a crisp, shiny, high-res DVD. There's something wrong with the TYs ...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Are these real TY discs? I use the hub printable ones from Rima and love them.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had the same problem, but I solved it by changing the contrast from "0" to "25". Once that was done they printed just fine.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Change the contrast on what? The R200? or the software?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My personal advice:

Play with your settings and you will be happy.
    You are right to state that TY printing surface is a little more rough than, let's say, ritek. That does not mean that the final result is less good.
    Play with the media type settings, try premium semi-gloss, try photo RPM with or without microweave per example. You should find a match.
    I am always able to get a good print from almost any surface, but I have to change parameters.
    Happy printing!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks for the advice!
    Quote Quote