VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have 2 bin and cue files for a 2 x 700Mb SVCD movie. Can I burn them together on 1 DVD media in Toast Titanium 6.0.9?

Or should I convert and join them first in i.e ffmpeg?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Matsaki
    I have 2 bin and cue files for a 2 x 700Mb SVCD movie. Can I burn them together on 1 DVD media in Toast Titanium 6.0.9?

Or should I convert and join them first in i.e ffmpeg?
    the registered version of ffmpegX does this with a single click, works great!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    And burning?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Matsaki
    And burning?
    you use toast 6.0.9
    ffmpegX does not burn, it has a s/vcd>dvd feature.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes I know that, but HOW will I burn it in Toast? Put folders CD1 & CD2 in ISO 9660 burning, or just the bin files or how?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Place both .bin files in a folder making sure they are named sequentially. (avseq1.bin, avseq2.bin etc.) In the registered version of ffmpegx go to the tools section. click one of the browse buttons then select the folder containing the bins. Hit the "s/vcd>dvd" button, this will produce a folder called DVD which you can drag onto the Toast Data UDF tab. Burn.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would love to register/pay for ffmpeg if I only COULD!

I live in Cyprus and Paypal don't accept ani creditcards from Cyprus
    Quote Quote  
  8. And you made us explain the whole thing? Use Galactica's Tutorial The audio conversion should be available in the free version of ffmpegx.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Have you tried adding the bin files to Toast Video format? Sometimes it will take things you don't expect.

The easiest thing to do is:
    -Launch Toast and from the Utilities menu select "Mount Disc Image"
    -Select the .bin file and click OK. It should mount on the desktop.
    -Repeat for the second .bin file
    -Select Video format and drop in the two mounted SVCD. The MPG files should be added.
    -Set Toast to DVD and burn.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That sounds more easy. Sorry for having to explain all the ffmpeg trix to me
    Quote Quote  
  11. a very fast solution is to get vcdgear it is free takes about 2 min for each bin file then burn mpg files however you like
    I use record now works awesome give it a try
    http://www.vcdgear.com/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    did you try my tutorials suggestion?

its really quite easy. Man i need to update my pages!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes I tried some things, First converting to AVI format (was XviD) and also made a test to check the VIDEO_TS button, hopinh to get a VIDEO_TS ready to burn. But no.

When encoding XviD to DivX the ffmpeg could stop at 108%??? and I could not open the movie in QT where I normally can open DivX?

I will now try to convert from DivX to DVD format (with VIDEO_TS and VOB) that always works,

If I can get the converion to work
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm following Galactica's Tutorial but then Sizzle 0.5b don't accept my 48MHz audio mp2 files
    And their homepage is down. Did the guys stop working with this great app
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sizzle again?
    You can choose to have a background music to the menu. If I choose one of my songs which is in AIF format. WHAT application can convert it to MP2 or AC3, 48.000MHz etc. so that Sizzle will accept the file?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it does seem that sizzles site is down. I wrote that tutorial before 0.5b came out so i was using the version previous to that. Lots of people tell me that 0.5b wont accept mp2 so im assuming you just convert it tover to ac3 using ffmpegx.

Another thing you could do is rip out the mpeg's and use toast to compile them a dvd under the video tab, but if you really want to use sizzle try changing the audio to ac3 instead of mp2
    Quote Quote