VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there!I was just wondering that being film projectors run at 24fps,would it be possible for a cinema owner to speed up the projector like they do when they transfer film to pal video.The reason I ask is because I recently saw a vcd 'release' of a film that I had already seen twice at the cinema and the vcd I am certain was intact with the whole film.It was taken from a cinema print because I could see the reel changes.However the running time was about 4 mins shorter than at the cinema and yes all the credits were there too!So what I am saying is maybe the cinema manager speeded up the projector to 25fps which would also make it easier to copy with a pal camcorder if this is how it was done.Also if anybody knows a link that explains all about 35mm projectors and how they work then I would really appreciate it if they let me know.Thanks in advance,JIMBO.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    they can be speeded up - specially electronic shutter projectors ...

but mechanical projectors - as found in movie theaters - not so easy .....
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    possibly telecine device.. they are pretty good at xfering film and easy to find on ebay these days.
    Quote Quote