VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just purchased a toshiba rd-xs32 and I would like to know if anyone has experience with this recorder. My daughter is moving and I want to purchase a dvd player, can anyone recommend a cheap one that works well with the xs32.
    WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH, THE TOUGH GET GOING!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't understand what you mean by "works well with the xs32." You want your daughter to have a DVD player that will play DVDs recorded on the Toshiba, right? Just record in video mode and finalize your discs. They should play in probably any currently made DVD player.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I keep reading about this black level issue, I was hoping that there is a player that doesn't have this black level problem when playing back dvd's made from the xs32
    WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH, THE TOUGH GET GOING!
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have one and no problems.. admitedly in the uk.
    Just make sure any machine you get for your daughter likes DVD-R's and DVD-RW's then you should be ok... and if its also DVD-RAM compatable all the better..
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just purchased the next level up RD-XS52 (160G HDD) aabd it does NOT make DVD's that will play in just about every recorder. I thought that I may not be setting something up correctly so I called the Toshiba customer service hot line for help. I explained that so far, I was able to find only 1 DVD player (a Sony) that would play my DVD recorded from the Toshiba unit. I've tried playing them in a Panasonic, JVC, GoVideo, and my combination TV - no luck.
    Customer Service said that it was a compatablility problem. I just can't believe that this unit would not be compatable with the maority of DVD players. But that appears to be the case. I'm very disappointed.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by cr8zycat
    I just purchased the next level up RD-XS52 (160G HDD) aabd it does NOT make DVD's that will play in just about every recorder. {...} I've tried playing them in a Panasonic, JVC, GoVideo, and my combination TV - no luck.
    I think the problem may be at the DVD player side. When I first got a DVD writer for PC (LG 4082), I could not get any DVD-R +R -RW +RW to play of my main Toshiba DVD, but worked fine on a cheap no-name chinese DVD player.

It's a matter of finding a DVD player that supports DVD+-R/RW formats. Anything older than 2 years probably doesn't.
    Quote Quote