VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a little problem with my DMR-E80H unit. When playing back the disc, I notice about every few minutes, the picture would slow down a bit, less than a second, then zip back to normal. I know that is the recording issue not the play back issue.

Has any seen this problem? Can't it be help? Can I upgrade the unit's firmware, if any?

Thanks...
    Quote Quote  
  2. I've never seen this on my E80H after hundreds of discs and can't offer any other suggestions other than have it looked at by a qualified tech.

Edit: How can I forget? Yes, I had this problem and it was the media - cheap stuff. Have you tried different media? Also, does it skip at all if you record to the hard drive and play it back from there?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yeah get better media, meritline.com has a list of what to use. I use Accu media.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I use Prodisc and Optodisc all along. These two seem to be good media. I will try Ritek next, to see if it happens. No, I do not have the same problem if using the harddrive.

Thanks ...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Firstly, how do you transfer the file back to HD from DVD? I tried and it doesnt work.

I had a similar problem, I edit clips in the HD and they play fine, but when I dub it to DVDR, it still plays fine. STRANGELY when I FINALISE the disc, that's when some of the joins in the edited clip start to freeze for a second.

This didnt happen BEFORE I finalised, so could this be a media problem?

Cheers
    ch
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by chloh
    Firstly, how do you transfer the file back to HD from DVD? I tried and it doesnt work.

I had a similar problem, I edit clips in the HD and they play fine, but when I dub it to DVDR, it still plays fine. STRANGELY when I FINALISE the disc, that's when some of the joins in the edited clip start to freeze for a second.

This didnt happen BEFORE I finalised, so could this be a media problem?

Cheers
    ch
    Try Setup>Video>Seamless Play>On. When it is off, it pauses for one second at edit points.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Wow, I didnt know about that function. Will give it a try. The strange thing was how it played without pause (on DVDR) before finalising, but not after.

Stranger still is that I ripped the clip on my PC, and burned it on another DVDRW and the clip played without pauses as well there.

I'll experiment and see how it goes.

Cheers
    Quote Quote