VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi - I've got a file with two seperate audio streams in it - Is there anyway of choosing (forcing even) which audio stream should be played by default - currently the wrong one is being picked up.

Ideally, this should be transparent to the software used to provide the playback (as it doesn't have an audio stream selector)

J
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Run it through mkvmerge/mmg and change the default track. Changing streams would depend on your player. i.e. if you are running mplayer then it would be -aid 1 or -alang eng, etc. but that won't be any help if you aren't using mplayer for playback.

Is it actually a MKS file or a MKV? Because MKS is supposed to be for subtitles. MKV for video and MKA for audio.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by celtic_druid
    Run it through mkvmerge/mmg and change the default track. Changing streams would depend on your player. i.e. if you are running mplayer then it would be -aid 1 or -alang eng, etc. but that won't be any help if you aren't using mplayer for playback.
    ok - will give it a go...

Originally Posted by celtic_druid
    Is it actually a MKS file or a MKV? Because MKS is supposed to be for subtitles. MKV for video and MKA for audio.
    oops - it is a MKV file - just has 2 subs, 3 audio tracks, 1 video, and 4 bitmaps!

J
    Quote Quote  
  4. that did it - marked the audio track I wanted as default (and removed some tracks that I didn't need.

thanks.
    Quote Quote