VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Last edited by milOtis; 26th Sep 2020 at 12:33. Reason: Guide updated on March 14, 2010 (Revision 2)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Nice work. Thanks for saving me the time consuming 'trial and error' part of this whole process.

Nice computer there with 8 cores!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by adnbsn
    Nice work. Thanks for saving me the time consuming 'trial and error' part of this whole process.

Nice computer there with 8 cores!
    No problem, let me know if anyone has any questions. I will be happy to clarify anything, just ask.
    Quote Quote  
  4. excellent thanks for this
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Looks very good! But I hate rapidshare, wait to download files... If you want I can give you some space with direct access download.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Baldrick
    Looks very good! But I hate rapidshare, wait to download files... If you want I can give you some space with direct access download.
    I appreciate the offer, but I actually have 20gb hosting space with an independent hosting company that I chose not to use. Plus, Rapidshare is adequate for most users, since they only need to download the one PDF file. I also have a RS Premium account, so I can make sure it never gets deleted. Thanks again though
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There's no reason this stuff can't be posted on-site. Rapidshare is a supremely shitty site. Anyway...

Software required (as found in the zip)
    AVCHD Patcher - AVCHD-Patcher.exe
    AVISynth - Avisynth_v2.5.8.exe
    BD Rebuilder - BD_Rebuilder_v0.21.01.zip
    Daemon Tools - daemon4304-lite.exe
    FFDshow - ffdshow_rev2968_20090525.exe
    Matroska Splitter - MatroskaSplitter_v11.01.2009.exe
    AnyDVD - SetupAnyDVD v6.5.4.9.exe
    ImgBurn - SetupImgBurn_2.4.4.0.exe

And then attach the PDF guide to the post.

Easy enough.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Coming in, I had my doubts when I read that you said there was not much loss in audio and video quality when converting a Blu-ray into a DVD5. I gave this guide a try anyways, and to my surprise you are right! I can barely tell any difference from my original Blu-ray and the DVD5 copy watching on my 65" 1080i display.

I had to make an account just to give my thanks to this great guide. Hopefully, down the road, BD Rebuilder will decrease the time it takes for the whole process. It took me 15 hours to get it done.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Great guide Milotis, I think it's the best blu-ray to bd5 guide out there. My only problem is that my finished product (dvd5) won't play either in my computer or my set top LG blu-ray player.
    I might be missing something real simple 'cause when I load the finished disc into the BD drive, a window comes up with the BDMV and Certificate folder instead of my WinDVD player and nothing happens. I've followed the guide word for word, did the AVCHD Patch and burned with ImgBurn but no avail. I really would appreciate any help you could suggest. Thanks !!!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    need help please evething works until i try to use AVCHD patcher when i drag and drop the index .bdmv file it doesn´t recognize the file format, it´says wrong file format... please help
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Great Guide! Although what I am trying to do is not listed in your guide. I would like to back up each of my original Blu-Ray disc, each to fit onto a single layer BD-R 25GB disc. Most of the movies I have bought are over 25GB, so I am needing to "shrink" them down. I have tried to follow your guide, but I am not clear on exactly how to accomplish what I am trying to do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Brad2157
    In the BD Rebuilder section of the guide, there's an option in settings for BD-25 that you can select.
    Hope this helps you out.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was able to get it working guys! Thanks sooo much for all your input and help. Apparently I thought I needed to burn a individual file through IMGBURN, instead of burning the entire folder where I had the backup copy located. I tried to save a step and just shrink/rebuild the .MT2S file straight from the Blu-Ray disc, instead of first backing up to the PC and then trying to rebuild. It took me over 10 hours just to rebuild the file. I am not sure if this is typical or not, but I am going to save the backup of the next disc I backup to my hard drive first, and then try to rebuild it, to see if this speeds it up.
    Quote Quote  
  14. having some trouble backing up a blu ray to DVD-9. I followed all the steps but it only shows up as a data disc in ps3, even after i patched the file. I have read some people say its the 1.06 version of AVCHD-Patcher that is causing the problem and that AVC-HD Patcher 1.04 works fine. I haven't found a link as yet and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. thanks for all the help so far.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Blove145, I had the same trouble my first time burning a Single Layer BD-R 25GB disc. After I backed up my original and burnt the file, it only showed up as a data disc. I found out that I did not follow the instructions correctly. What I did was burnt the main .MT2S file for the movie and that was it. You have to burn the entire folder that BD-Rebuilder "rebuilds" the movie at, that way it gathers all the necessary data files you need to play it as a movie and not just a data disc. Hope this helps.
    Quote Quote  
  16. thanks for the quick reply Brad. when you say entire folder do you mean the BDMV and Certificate folders only or the root folde that includes those 2 folders plus the workfiles folder, the BD text document and the little setup file?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by BLove145
    thanks for the quick reply Brad. when you say entire folder do you mean the BDMV and Certificate folders only or the root folde that includes those 2 folders plus the workfiles folder, the BD text document and the little setup file?
    BDMV and Certificate folder. Drag and drop to the ImgBurn window, just like the guide says. :P

This is quite a good guide, clear and simple without a lot of jargon.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  18. did that, still doesn't work.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Amazing Guide
    Thanks for all the effort you took to make this step by step guide.

Thanks Again 8) 8) 8)
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi
    Thanks for an amazing guide and step by step instructions.
    i need ur suggestion,I just finished building my htpc,I have 4tb so storage not an issue,I own all my bluray coz i m a movie buff and collector both and little ocd too lol.I dont want my discs to get damaged.
    If i use anydvd hd each movie will be 30 to 40gb i dont mind it because all i collect in blu-ray is really good stuff, but what i want is main movie untouched and that is it.
    I read ur guide and want ur guidance if after the anydvd hd part if i can use bd rebuilder to backup just the main movie untouched or any other way if u suggest.

Im new to this so help will be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Matt smile.gif smile.gif
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Great Guide...Thanks! Working on my first BD to DVD backup now and wondered why the insistance to use DVD-R and not DVD+R media? I've always used +R for regular DVD backups and was just curious why this is not recommended in the guide?

Thanks Again!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am building a new PC as we speak with a Pioneer 203 unit. Can't wait to try a BD5/9. seems like the early days of backup again!!
    Quote Quote  
  23. Former Kanenite
    Search Comp PM
    Man I was so close to pulling the trigger on a Blu-Ray burner until I read it took one person 15 hours. My burning rig is the same one I used to burn DVDs 5.5 years ago, a puny 2.6 ghz P4.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi All

Thanks Milotis for the guide, its very easy to use. I am having one problem. The 1:1 copies work fine, but when creating a BD-5 or BD-25, I loose the HD audio and just get standard DTS 5.1 or Dolby 5.1? When I get to your step 5 m, the HD audio track is selected (like in your guide) but after the process in all completed, I have a standard audio track? Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote