VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have got a small audio/video player - it works fine for mp3 audio files but I cannot seem to find what video format it requires.

The very brief instructions simply say AVI/AMV. When I save a .avi file to its memory it detects that it is a video file but when I try to play it I get a 'format not supported' error. It does not seem to recognize files ending .amv as video files at all.

There is no brand name or anything similar on the player itself nor its instructions. It is very small and light and I would like to get it working, if possible.

Can anyone suggest the best file format(s) to try that it might recognize and play.

Thanks
    Bill
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try all this video samples.
    (wmv1, wmv2, mpeg1, mpeg2, divx) in avi container.
    One (or more) should work.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  3. ProWo - Many thanks but all of those files gave the 'not supported' error

jagbo - I looked at the thread and downloaded the .avi file with the filename in Chinese characters to see if that would work, but it gave the 'not supported' error too. I have downloaded the PWConverterSetup(1.0.2).zip file that was linked to the end of the thread but don't know how to use it.

There is a 'Device Information' page under the 'Settings' menu which simply has yp3_2.0.0.2401241530 in it. Is this of any help?

I'd be grateful for any further thoughts or help please.

Thanks again
    Bill
    Quote Quote  
  4. Perhaps I should have added that I have tried putting files with .avi, .amv and .mp4 file extensions in the video folder on the player. Of these, it only recognises the files with the .avi extension but then gives the 'not supported' error when I try to play any of them.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by BillS719 View Post
    I have downloaded the PWConverterSetup(1.0.2).zip file that was linked to the end of the thread but don't know how to use it.
    Extract all videos from test_videos_to_know_format_supported
    try to play any of them.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I did this - only the files with the .avi extension showed on the menu screen and these gave the 'noy supported' error. I tried changing the extensions of the other files to .avi, which then made them show on the menu but got the same error.

I tried to run the PWConverterSetup.exe file but got an error when it tried to load.

I have also used the "Format Factory" program to save ,avi files with an output setting of 'Melzu Miniplayer' and 'Mobile Device Compaitble' but again with the 'not supported' error.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Try this samples:
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  8. Still no luck.

These are .amv files and the player does not seem to recognize their existence - either under the Video tab or the folder tab they simply do not show on the screen. I changed the file extension of each of these to .avi so that they would show and I could thus attempt to play them but then each of them gave the 'not supported' error.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Another try:
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  10. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Any information on the player, brand, model, pictures, year of manufacturing? This information should be in the first post.
    Quote Quote  
  11. What are you using to get the audio or video files to your player ?
    If a microSD card there may be a maximum size limit the player will accept.
    Also the format of the card may need to be specific like FAT 32 for example.
    Since you already can play .mp3 that may not be the problem.
    I agree with dellsam34 more information needed.

Created with ffmpeg.
    These are the resolution & mono sound that the specs I found said to use.
    I know the quality is low but it is what these players were designed to use.
    It is supposed too look better on them.
    If your player doesn't recognize the .amv try changing the extension to .avi
    Try these:
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by cholla; 19th Sep 2024 at 01:50.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Prowo - Still gave the 'not supported' error, I'm afraid.

I attach photos of the front and back of the Player and of it's very brief user manual. I don't think there's much here that's helpful, but I include them as I have been asked for them

Bill
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Palyer 1.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	82320  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Player 2.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	82321  

Quote Quote  
  13. Cholla - Afraid both of the amv files renamed as avi files gave the 'not supported' error
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A search for the ATJ2127 processor lead me to this https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/ruizu-x02-partial-disassemb...nd-notes.7697/ showing the supported video format is "Integrated Motion JPEG Video Decoder, up to 30fps@QVGA resolution"

Try this file: test.avi

I used this command to convert the file
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i test.mkv -q:v 1 -vf scale="320:240" -vcodec mjpeg test.avi
    Quote Quote  
  15. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    It's probably a corrupt firmware, You get what you pay for, get a better media player and avoid these fake garbage, If it's cheap, it's cheap for a reason.
    Quote Quote  
  16. @ BillS719,
    This one I used different ffmpeg code & different codec.
    I don't know what is going on with the pictures you posted.
    The are correct in the post but when clicked to enlarge they are upside down.
    Makes reading them a bit difficult.

@zing269,
    We must have found about the same information.
    I used the same video codec as you did except mine is for the smaller screen sizeIt can be flipped on it's side if needed.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by cholla; 19th Sep 2024 at 10:16.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Cholla and zing269 - both files gave the 'not supported' error, I am afraid to say

I'm very grateful for all of the effort being made on my behlaf but I wonder at what point should we just give up?

Thanks again
    Bill
    Quote Quote  
  18. I removed the audio from this one.
    Just for testing.
    So we can tell if this is the correct video codec.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BillS719 View Post
    Cholla and zing269 - both files gave the 'not supported' error, I am afraid to say

I'm very grateful for all of the effort being made on my behlaf but I wonder at what point should we just give up?

Thanks again
    Bill
    MPxConverter is supposed to convert files for these type of players, maybe it will work.

Trial and error is about the only way to figure out what will work. Even if the video codec is correct, it may fail due to frame size, frame rate, or something else. For example the specs say 128x160 resolution so it may have to be exactly that or maybe it can be 128 wide but of lesser height.

This file is sized at 128x96 test2.avi
    This one is 128x160 test3.avi
    Frame rate for both is 29.97
    Quote Quote  
  20. I did a close up of the Specs in the manual.
    It shows the resolution to be 128x160.
    I believe the audio track with the video need to be one of the formats in the Audio Format list.
    Since BillS719 has posted it plays .mp3 that is what I will try in the audio next.
    If the Video format can be figured out.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Specs.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	561.3 KB
ID:	82343  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    It's probably a corrupt firmware, You get what you pay for, get a better media player and avoid these fake garbage, If it's cheap, it's cheap for a reason.
    I'm always amazed at how people punish themselves over money. Not even huge sums, but rather small cheapskate amounts like $10 or $20. Life's too short for that kind of nonsense.

The current Chromecast is a great media player, and costs about $30. With the VLC app, it plays almost anything, no further work required.

Problem solved, next, move on.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  22. @ lordsmurf,
    I do not even have a media player like this.
    I guess my cellphone could do something like this.
    I do not use it for this.
    Watching video on a really small screen has no appeal to me.

I helped because the help was asked for.

I have a set of headphones That I use .
    They have bluetooth ,FM radio & an microSD card.
    I believe they were $28.00 .
    Quote Quote