VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    How do I make a jpg look like a png? How about a regular webp file?
    Quote Quote  
  2. You cannot make jpg look good as png. If that was possible we would not have jpg and all web pages would use png.

In Photoshop you have a function that converts image to a jpg and you just judge a visual quality for a final resolution. This way you encode more or less depending how image is going to be big. You are conforming an image finding a sweet spot to see a good quality and settings adjust that. It is called Save for Web, I looked it up now. Was using it decade ago before wordpress era and such, when sites were designed manually.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    You cannot make jpg look good as png. If that was possible we would not have jpg and all web pages would use png.

In Photoshop you have a function that converts image to a jpg and you just judge a visual quality for a final resolution. This way you encode more or less depending how image is going to be big. You are conforming an image finding a sweet spot to see a good quality and settings adjust that. It is called Save for Web, I looked it up now. Was using it decade ago before wordpress era and such, when sites were designed manually.
    and webp?
    Quote Quote  
  4. What about it?

webp could be lossless and you know it, so it can look exactly the same.

Either you are standing on your own wire, or you are trolling. In that case, I'd wish someone treated you the same way when you need actual help.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    What about it?

webp could be lossless and you know it, so it can look exactly the same.

Either you are standing on your own wire, or you are trolling. In that case, I'd wish someone treated you the same way when you need actual help.
    I mean non-lossless webp.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Maybe in some alternative Universe, not this one.

When you lose something, you have a loss. PNG has it all (neglect YUV to RGB loss, that is not a loss, that's added entropy caused by the devil) . It did not lose anything. How can you make something lossy to be equal to something that has it all?
    Go to the closest pub and have a fun instead. This is too much.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @_AI_, I agree with you on this one.

@jay, pdr has multiple times explained to you that you are best staying away from still images, including webp, png, heif, jpg, jpgxl, and from pdf, and sticking with video if your stated goal of best quality at least filesize is really your true priority. Yet you keep ignoring him, and us, and pop up with one side question after another, even though they ALL revolve around your same topic.

You and Mr.Fanservice must be twins... unless of course you are the same troll, I mean, person...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jay123210599 View Post
    How do I make a jpg look like a png?

Hi, i think there are some type of filters that can be downloaded for some programs such as Adobe Photoshop, someone did show me an package of filters or if it was some type of plugin/addon which could make the original source look more similar to an other format, unluckily i dont now where to download them, im not really sure if it was for Photoshop or some other similar program since i was just testing the whole thing a lil bit with someone who was doing alot of things with photoshop, graphics and images!
    Last edited by Crunchedfire; 10th Feb 2024 at 04:41. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    By the way, @poisondeathray, can you answer these three last questions from this?
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/413393-png-to-avif-and-webp
    Quote Quote