VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Thanks, I found the error. I had an incorrect .mpd URL.

I don't understand. I set the filter to mpd. Then I take the first URL directly.

Best regards
    Heiko
    Quote Quote  
  2. Feels Good Man 2nHxWW6GkN1l916N3ayz8HQoi's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You encountered this same issue a year ago and you solved it somehow
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/411044-Downloading-videos-from-RTL
    --[----->+<]>.++++++++++++.---.--------.
    [*drm mass downloader: widefrog*]~~~[*how to make your own mass downloader: guide*]
    Quote Quote  
  3. Good evening,

I wanted to try N_m3u8DL-RE. But somehow it records a lot of small files. If I cancel with Ctrl-C, nothing final comes out.

I tried this command under Linux:
    N_m3u8DL-RE "https://pnowlive-a.akamaized.net/live/rtl2hd/dash/rtl2hd.mpd" --key dbc471fc4c310aab6023f1dd38462e83:86763f0030ecd2fd8 2a8b04d20f7f4b3 --save-dir "media/plus_rtl2_de" --save-name "rtl2" -M format=mkv

What am I doing wrong again?

Best regards
    Heiko
    Quote Quote  
  4. Feels Good Man 2nHxWW6GkN1l916N3ayz8HQoi's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Code:
    N_m3u8DL-RE "https://pnowlive-a.akamaized.net/live/rtl2hd/dash/rtl2hd.mpd" --key dbc471fc4c310aab6023f1dd38462e83:86763f0030ecd2fd82a8b04d20f7f4b3 --save-dir "media/plus_rtl2_de" --save-name "rtl2" --live-pipe-mux --live-record-limit 00:02:00
    This will download 2 minutes starting from the present. Don't forget to mux the final ts to mkv or whatever else you want (mkvtoolnix etc).
    [*drm mass downloader: widefrog*]~~~[*how to make your own mass downloader: guide*]
    Quote Quote  
  5. I found this: --live-record-limit 00:01:30. But it still doesn't seem to produce an MKV file in the end.

Best regards
    Heiko
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thank you. But the command doesn't work. I copied it exactly as it was.

Best regards
    Heiko
    Quote Quote  
  7. Feels Good Man 2nHxWW6GkN1l916N3ayz8HQoi's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The command works. Show screenshot with error code and the input. If by "not working" you mean no mkv output, then just mux it manually to mkv using mkvtoolnix. N_m3u8DL-RE is an excellent tool for vods, but mediocre tool for livestreams (the only good thing is default DRM support).

Muxing the file to mkv just means changing the container, so no reencoding shenanigans.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hello,

here is a screenshot of the copied command:
    Code:
    heiko@Worf:~/RTL2$ ll
    insgesamt 8
    drwxrwxr-x   2 heiko heiko 4096 Sep 29 14:50 ./
    drwxr-xr-x 103 heiko heiko 4096 Sep 29 00:04 ../
    heiko@Worf:~/RTL2$ N_m3u8DL-RE "https://pnowlive-a.akamaized.net/live/rtl2hd/dash/rtl2hd.mpd" --key dbc471fc4c310aab6023f1dd38462e83:86763f0030ecd2fd82a8b04d20f7f4b3 --save-dir "media/plus_rtl2_de" --save-name "rtl2" --live-pipe-mux --live-record-limit 00:02:00
    Unrecognized command or argument '--live-pipe-mux'.

Description:
      N_m3u8DL-RE (Beta version) 20221120

Usage:
      N_m3u8DL-RE <input> [options]

Arguments:
      <input>  Input Url or File

Options:
      --tmp-dir <tmp-dir>                      Set temporary file directory
      --save-dir <save-dir>                    Set output directory
      --save-name <save-name>                  Set output filename
      --base-url <base-url>                    Set BaseURL
      --thread-count <number>                  Set download thread count [default: 8]
      --download-retry-count <number>          The number of retries when download segment error [default: 3]
      --auto-select                            Automatically selects the best tracks of all types [default: False]
      --skip-merge                             Skip segments merge [default: False]
      --skip-download                          Skip download [default: False]
      --check-segments-count                   Check if the actual number of segments downloaded matches the expected number [default: True]
      --binary-merge                           Binary merge [default: False]
      --del-after-done                         Delete temporary files when done [default: True]
      --no-date-info                           Date information is not written during muxing [default: False]
      --write-meta-json                        Write meta json after parsed [default: False]
      --append-url-params                      Add Params of input Url to segments, useful for some websites, such as kakao.com [default: False]
      -mt, --concurrent-download               Concurrently download the selected audio, video and subtitles [default: False]
      -H, --header <header>                    Pass custom header(s) to server, Example:
                                               -H "Cookie: mycookie" -H "User-Agent: iOS"
      --sub-only                               Select only subtitle tracks [default: False]
      --sub-format <SRT|VTT>                   Subtitle output format [default: SRT]
      --auto-subtitle-fix                      Automatically fix subtitles [default: True]
      --ffmpeg-binary-path <PATH>              Full path to the ffmpeg binary, like C:\Tools\ffmpeg.exe
      --log-level <DEBUG|ERROR|INFO|OFF|WARN>  Set log level [default: INFO]
      --ui-language <en-US|zh-CN|zh-TW>        Set UI language
      --urlprocessor-args <urlprocessor-args>  Give these arguments to the URL Processors.
      --key <key>                              Pass decryption key(s) to mp4decrypt/shaka-packager. format:
                                               --key KID1:KEY1 --key KID2:KEY2
      --key-text-file <key-text-file>          Set the kid-key file, the program will search the KEY with KID from the file.(Very large file are not recommended)
      --decryption-binary-path <PATH>          Full path to the tool used for MP4 decryption, like C:\Tools\mp4decrypt.exe
      --use-shaka-packager                     Use shaka-packager instead of mp4decrypt to decrypt [default: False]
      --mp4-real-time-decryption               Decrypt MP4 segments in real time [default: False]
      -M, --mux-after-done <OPTIONS>           When all works is done, try to mux the downloaded streams. Use "--morehelp mux-after-done" for more details
      --custom-hls-method <METHOD>             Set HLS encryption method (AES_128|AES_128_ECB|CENC|CHACHA20|NONE|SAMPLE_AES|SAMPLE_AES_CTR|UNKNOWN)
      --custom-hls-key <FILE|HEX|BASE64>       Set the HLS decryption key. Can be file, HEX or Base64
      --custom-hls-iv <FILE|HEX|BASE64>        Set the HLS decryption iv. Can be file, HEX or Base64
      --use-system-proxy                       Use system default proxy [default: True]
      --custom-proxy <URL>                     Set web request proxy, like http://127.0.0.1:8888
      --live-perform-as-vod                    Download live streams as vod [default: False]
      --live-real-time-merge                   Real-time merge into file when recording live [default: False]
      --live-keep-segments                     Keep segments when recording a live (liveRealTimeMerge enabled) [default: True]
      --live-record-limit <HH:mm:ss>           Recording time limit when recording live
      --live-wait-time <SEC>                   Manually set the live playlist refresh interval
      --mux-import <OPTIONS>                   When MuxAfterDone enabled, allow to import local media files. Use "--morehelp mux-import" for more details
      -sv, --select-video <OPTIONS>            Select video streams by regular expressions. Use "--morehelp select-video" for more details
      -sa, --select-audio <OPTIONS>            Select audio streams by regular expressions. Use "--morehelp select-audio" for more details
      -ss, --select-subtitle <OPTIONS>         Select subtitle streams by regular expressions. Use "--morehelp select-subtitle" for more details
      --morehelp <OPTION>                      Set more help info about one option
      --version                                Show version information
      -?, -h, --help                           Show help and usage information

heiko@Worf:~/RTL2$
    The --live-pipe-mux doesn't seem to be correct.

Best regards
    Heiko
    Quote Quote  
  9. Feels Good Man 2nHxWW6GkN1l916N3ayz8HQoi's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    https://github.com/nilaoda/N_m3u8DL-RE/releases get the latest version for your OS and delete your old previous one
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thanks, it worked now.

I now have an rtl2.ts file, among other things, that I can play.

Why do I still need the mkvtoolnix?

Have a nice evening,
    Heiko
    Quote Quote  
  11. Feels Good Man 2nHxWW6GkN1l916N3ayz8HQoi's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Data2006 View Post
    But it still doesn't seem to produce an MKV file in the end.
    Because in this comment you seemed to be complaining that the final file isn't mkv. If you're ok with ts, you can leave it as it is.
    Quote Quote  
  12. OK.
    Then I'll see if my satellite receiver can play the .ts files.

But I have another question. I have a link:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/412209-Download-from-plus-rtl-de/page2

Are there any more channels with the mpd?
    Mainly German channels.

Best regards
    Heiko
    Quote Quote