VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19
FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by Wilkies View Post
    Originally Posted by A_n_g_e_l_a View Post
    Channel 5 seems to have changed something about the mpd; the downloader no-longer functions. While waiting for a solution AllHell3Gui works, with a little more effort.
    I've found that if you copy ffmpeg, mp4decrypt, N_m3u8DL-RE, and shaka-packager into the my5_dl folder and then run my5_loader.py directly from inside that folder it will work.

I've tested on "The Teacher" and it is downloading no problem.

But I cannot get it to work via the main menu.py, whenever I choose My5 I get the error "Extra data: line 1 column 4 (char 3)"

Edit to add - on line 39 of menu.py change UPDATE = True to UPDATE = False and it will work just fine

Hi Wilkies,

It has never stopped working for me - maybe they changed the MPD and then changed it back? I didn't have to copy anything into the My5 folder.

I miss Angela, I really hope she just needs a break and will come back. I've been looking at her last few posts and can see that she called out MrSalah for stealing her code which he admitted but didn't apologise or give her any credit. I don't know why you would do that, these scripts took her so much work and it was very generous for her to share them. Hopefully she'll be back.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by peterb999 View Post
    Originally Posted by Wilkies View Post
    Originally Posted by A_n_g_e_l_a View Post
    Channel 5 seems to have changed something about the mpd; the downloader no-longer functions. While waiting for a solution AllHell3Gui works, with a little more effort.
    I've found that if you copy ffmpeg, mp4decrypt, N_m3u8DL-RE, and shaka-packager into the my5_dl folder and then run my5_loader.py directly from inside that folder it will work.

I've tested on "The Teacher" and it is downloading no problem.

But I cannot get it to work via the main menu.py, whenever I choose My5 I get the error "Extra data: line 1 column 4 (char 3)"

Edit to add - on line 39 of menu.py change UPDATE = True to UPDATE = False and it will work just fine

Hi Wilkies,

It has never stopped working for me - maybe they changed the MPD and then changed it back? I didn't have to copy anything into the My5 folder.

I miss Angela, I really hope she just needs a break and will come back. I've been looking at her last few posts and can see that she called out MrSalah for stealing her code which he admitted but didn't apologise or give her any credit. I don't know why you would do that, these scripts took her so much work and it was very generous for her to share them. Hopefully she'll be back.
    Hi Peterb999,

I was getting the error "Extra data: line 1 column 4 (char 3)" whenever I tried to use My5 in the latest version (I had seen that at least one other person had as well, on this forum). It has something to do with the simulate_browser.js file

I tried running with putting all the files into the My5 folder and running the my5_loader.py file directly and it worked fine. I have since discovered that you don't need to do that, but it you get the above error all you need to do is open menu.py in a text editor and change line 39 to UPDATE = False. But you will have to revert to manually updating the hmac and aes keys. A_n_g_e_l_a did say that My5 was broken, but other than getting that error there's nothing wrong with it.

I agree with what you're saying, she's been an absolute gem in creating this code. And if anyone uses her code without giving credit, or better still asking permission to re-use it, then they don't deserve it and should bugger off. Hopefully she will be back soon
    Last edited by Wilkies; 9th Oct 2024 at 02:49. Reason: Edit to add more context
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    stabby did mention he'd made some changes to My5 and that his automated solution for the HMAC and AES keys would no longer work.https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/414154-Devine-Modular-Movie-TV-and-Music-Archival-...27#post2751103

If angela does return at some point (and I hope she does) then using and Android endpoint alleviates the need for HMAC/AES. Of course up to her if she chooses to do that or not.
    Quote Quote