VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Without spending a lot of time on it, does anybody have any suggestions re AVISynth or VDub to improve the attached (from You Tube)? There also seems to be a bit of colour shifting.

I've tried ChromashiftSP but it moves the reds and the greens. Is there a way of moving only the greens?

I've also worked through this topic:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/332303-Removing-jagged-interlacing-artifacts-from-...ogressive-file

and used DG's smart deinterlacer filter with moderate success.

Thanks for any help.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. I've tried ChromashiftSP but it moves the reds and the greens. Is there a way of moving only the greens?
    Try ChromaShiftSP2:
    Code:
    #ChromaShiftSP2: Shift U & V chroma separately with subpixel accuracy, based on the ChromaShiftSP function by IanB & McCauley
    function ChromaShiftSP2 (clip clp, float "UX",float "UY", float "VX",float "VY", string "ResizeMethod") {
      UX = default(UX, 0.0) # positive values shift the U chroma to left, negative values to right
      UY = default(UY, 0.0) # positive values shift the U chroma upwards, negative values downwards
      VX = default(VX, 0.0) # positive values shift the V chroma to left, negative values to right
      VY = default(VY, 0.0) # positive values shift the V chroma upwards, negative values downwards
      ResizeMethod = Default(ResizeMethod, "Spline36")

U = clp.UToY()
      U = Eval("U." + ResizeMethod + "Resize(U.Width(), U.Height(), UX, UY, U.Width()+UX, U.Height()+UY)")

V = clp.VToY()
      V = Eval("V." + ResizeMethod + "Resize(V.Width(), V.Height(), VX, VY, V.Width()+VX, V.Height()+VY)")

YToUV(U, V, clp)
    }
    source: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1851933#post1851933
    and only shift the U plane.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. Does this look a better re. jaggies than what you already got?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. Did a quick try with Vapoursynth and BasicVSR++ (https://pastebin.com/Lj18WqBg) which might be too smooth, but might be better than having all the compression artifacts.

Cu Selur

Ps.: @Sharc: What did you do to get rid of the embedded combing artifacts?
    Image Attached Files
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    Ps.: @Sharc: What did you do to get rid of the embedded combing artifacts?
    Ouch! I deleted the script accidentally. If I remeber correctly it was something like
    Code:
    bilinearresize(640,360) #adjust the vertical downscale for best compromise re. blurring the combing artifacts vs loss of details
    awarpsharp(depth=8)
    spline36resize(640,480) #restore the original frame size
    QTGMC(InputType=2) #general cleanup
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Selur, it is a bit smooth but otherwise it looks the best of the bunch, perhaps a bit soft. Unfortunately, I'm not into VS though.

I loaded up that ChromashiftSP2, but couldn't get it to do anything.

I'll go with Sharc's script. Thanks Sharc.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Code:
    santiag(strv=0, nns=4, nsize=5)
    Should clean those right up. You wont have to blur it with resizing.
    Last edited by killerteengohan; 16th Sep 2023 at 10:54.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Killer. I'm not familiar with Santiag, so I checked the wiki, and it directed me to this post on Doom9.

My question is, what does one do with that code? Do I paste it into a current AVS or save it as an AVSI as a plugin?

From your code, it could be a separate plugin/DLL?
    Quote Quote