VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am pretty new to this video stream decryption thing, but I am reading and trying since the last 4 days to get a video downloaded and decrypted.

First the good news, I was able to find the right PSSH and license request (inkl. header) by myself and got 5 valid keys from cdrm-project
    With this keys I was able to decrypt the audio and 4 video streams up to 576p BUT I want do decrypt the highest quality with 1080p
    When I downloaded the highest quality (1080p) with N_m3u8DL-RE I saw that the KID of this stream was not included in the keys, only the lower qualities and audio.

I noticed that the website which hosts the stream writes in the FAQ that on chrome (what I used) and firefox only 576p is available to stream and on edge you can stream the video up to 1080p.
    So I started edge used the developer tools and vorla - little bit different license url and different x-play-session token.

Again trying with the same PSSH and different license & header at cdrm-project but I only get a Cached answer with the same keys like I already have.
    So anybody knows how long cdrm-project caches this PSSH response?
    Is there a possibility to get different (more) keys back with a different license url, or am I thinking in the wrong direction?
    Is there another site like cdrm-project to try with the different license URL?

What I also was thinking about is to calculate a new PSSH since I know the KID of the 1080p stream from N_m3u8DL-RE
    I tried to calculate it with PSSH Box Generator inserted the KID from N_m3u8DL-RE converted from HEX to Base64 and the System ID from the .mpd file (EDEF8BA9-79D6-4ACE-A3C8-27DCD51D21ED) but the calculated PSSH was pretty short and didnt worked with cdrm-project.
    I also tried Generate Widevine Pssh like listed in the FAQ from cdrm-project but there I have no idea what to insert at "Content ID" or "Key ID"?

Since I need to use Edge I can also not use Tampermonkey with the script to get the PSSH

Any pointing in the right direction would be highly appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  2. dude, cdrm site use l3 cdm only

for 1080p need l1. so if you have a recent phone, you can dump your own l1, but it's very hard to get an l1
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks a lot lomero, this is the information I was missing.
    Didn't know that there are different key versions and this makes a difference for the available resolution.
    Quote Quote  
  4. There are plenty of streaming services where you can get 1080p with L3. Some services even have a different key for each resolution and will give you like 7 keys for one video. So don't give up yet.

1. Get a fresh MPD from Edge, download it and open it with notepad or another text editor.

2. Search for "default_KID" and copy its value. That's the KID, or Key ID.

3. Head over to PSSH Box Generator, click inside "System ID" box and select Widevine (Google). Then select "Widevine PSSH Data" below.

4. In the box that says "Key IDs", paste the KID from the MPD. Now click "Generate".

5. You now have a new PSSH to try with CDRM. It might work, it might not. But at least it shouldn't be cached in the database.
    Quote Quote  
  5. share here your mpd
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by stabbedbybrick View Post
    There are plenty of streaming services where you can get 1080p with L3. Some services even have a different key for each resolution and will give you like 7 keys for one video. So don't give up yet.
    Yes.

For ex, on a famous service, there are two 1080p videos. One of them has a higher bitrate and that's L1-protected. The lower bitrate 1080p video is L3-protected. That's probably why Devilman can't get "the highest quality with 1080p".

On another service, there are three 1080p videos at different bitrates and all of them are L3-protected.

It changes site to site. It's just the streamer's choice.

We just need some extra time to inspect Developer Tools to understand what's going on background, what's being streamed...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks a lot for the help.

I have now tryed it again, but unfortunatly I was not able to get a key for the 1080p version.
    Attached I have zipped the .mpd and the .m3u8 file if someone would like to take a look.

In the mpd file I can see a lot of different resolutions like 1080p, 720p and 576p but with the keys I get i was only able to decrypt the 576p version.
    Also the PSSH from all 1080p till the lowest quality is the same, but when I request the keys I just get 5 keys (4x video & 1x Audio)

PSSH:
    AAAAwnBzc2gAAAAA7e+LqXnWSs6jyCfc1R0h7QAAAKISEK/AT5K6jEcbvfIk++JGYgsSEDapd6R/7Eccg7uzp8S1Ha0SENBstpau405pujtPjARaZ/gSEAlZ14z8IUWmqFd039NTkz4SEHxPMkq7ukxfuOm8YnbE5nkS EFDUA2qjqURtph2pa+BNWhUSEANT7YMca0hfhXw79JU5zTcSEG cRgUUsOEYLrka6HOwovakiEGZsVmigmUsTvn65HMbDhc0=
    Keys:
    671181452c38460bae46ba1cec28bda9:6a2a85b9eedc34aed b77e24bed94e393
    50d4036aa3a9446da61da96be04d5a15:3fa2bec07bf861512 e79631d1332dae9
    7c4f324abbba4c5fb8e9bc6276c4e679:4396fdacaf980c00b d14f39ed7a90f4b
    36a977a47fec471c83bbb3a7c4b51dad:0b158787ac6d990f7 dc18cc33b8f8b19
    afc04f92ba8c471bbdf224fbe246620b:d7c5a372a82e16215 dcedba6b9617b0a
    The KID I need for the 1080p version would be 0353ed831c6b485f857c3bf49539cd37 and 720p is d06cb696aee34e69ba3b4f8c045a67f8 but as you can see in the keys above, it is not included.

Also on the streaming site is written:
    Playback limited to SD on Chrome, Firefox, and Opera.

So when I use Edge I can view the stream in 1080p, but my assumption is that this is using playready encryption since the license URL is ending with:
    .../services/license/playready/cenc

Instead when I open the stream with firefox or chrome I get this license url ending, which i assume is for widevine:
    .../services/license/widevine/cenc

Do you have any idears what I can try to get the widevine key for the 1080p or 720p version, or do i have to life with the 576p?

Thanks a lot
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  8. As your test clearly shows; 1080p and above (Ultra HD) is Playready and Widevine-L1 protected.

"Playback limited to SD on Chrome, Firefox, and Opera" means; "Widevine-L3 is being used only on SD contents". Those browsers has a L3-module inside (It is a "dll" file)

You can ask "why two decryptions at the same time?" The answer is: Playready for recent Windows-computers, Widevine for Android devices - In order to guarantee maximum number of compatible-device.

If you connect your PC to an external Ultra HD monitor/TV, you can also watch Ultra HD contents. But on PC, you are limited to 1080p - even if you have a Playready module on your system.

Shortly: Unless you have a L1-CDM, you can't decrypt that 1080p stream.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thanks rdibunda for your answer.

Since I found no information how to get a L1 key by myself and the stream is only available till tomorrow I would highly appreciate is someone with a L1 key can help me out with the right key for 1080p?

I would send the needed infos via DM

Thanks a lot 😊
    Quote Quote