VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. ITV hub has changed to ITVx, and all the download guides I found don't seem to work on this new version. Can you please tell me if there is a way to download from the new ITVx? thanks.
    Last edited by adrian44; 19th Nov 2022 at 03:35.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have just tested the video on the homepage and It's classic widevine.
    No need particular script to get the key...

Give us a link
    Quote Quote  
  3. Here's your "crash course".
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/18CCd3oYhMdS_e7tnMpf_YO1YjvLFPyRE/view?usp=share_link
    Now do your job and do a little bit of reading on this forum. Try to find all the tools I use.
    For the first part of getting PSSH via console, you need Eme logger script with TamperMonkey add-on.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by [ss]vegeta View Post
    Here's your "crash course".
    That's some extreme generosity!!!! Thank you very much for putting this much time and effort into creating this. Now I'll go on a hoarding spree
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by adrian44 View Post
    That's some extreme generosity!!!! Thank you very much for putting this much time and effort into creating this.
    No problem and you are welcome. Good luck and have fun.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by cedric8528 View Post
    Endlessly grateful!! Thanks for this incredible gesture.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @vegeta: good info for others to follow so thanks for that. I'd already sussed it out, mine's similar to your method. It's actually the same method as it has been for Britbox.
    I'm trying to automate my python scripts for all the UK TV webplayers. One thing I haven't worked out how to do yet, if anybody could help or contact me. I'd love to know how to scrape that PSSH value using code within my script instead of manually having to copy/paste it.

Another one I'd like to automate. Those webplayers (eg. All4, Disc+) that require you to get the CURL(bash), input into a CURL to Python convertor. Copy that Python data, etc.
    I'd love python code where you simply input the CURL into my script and it does the conversion for you, returning with a string (instead of having to do it manually).

OK, just a wish list lol.

Back to ITVX. All the advertising hype about it was claiming it will be glorious 1080p. All I'm getting is exactly what ITV Hub was. That is crappy 896x504 @ around 1400K with the godawful 96Kbps audio. Is everybody else getting similar?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by deccavox View Post
    @vegeta: good info for others to follow so thanks for that
    Indeed. Can't go wrong with a Vegeta Video™ and I'm always taking notes from others here to have something to look through when stuck on something.

I'm trying to automate my python scripts for all the UK TV webplayers. One thing I haven't worked out how to do yet, if anybody could help or contact me. I'd love to know how to scrape that PSSH value using code within my script instead of manually having to copy/paste it.
    For this site, that takes a bit of work. The "proper" way to do it (as done by the site itself): you need the manifest URL (which you have because you copied it from your browser or you managed to replicate the requests the site makes to the ITV API in your script); from it, you need to find the audio initialization segment, strip off the manifest filename from the manifest URL, append the BaseURL part to the URL and then the segment name, download said segment and then find the pssh box in the segment. I didn't bother to attempt the manifest download part for this site, but I did confirm the PSSH is in the audio init segment.

However, since the license server doesn't seem to impose a time limit, you can skip parsing the manifest yourself and just download the encrypted episode in its entirety with yt-dlp or whatever first using the manifest URL, then read out the PSSH from the encrypted audio file - something like https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/405001-How-to-get-the-widevine-pssh-from-init-mp4-...pt#post2650501 - and then make the license request.

Another one I'd like to automate. Those webplayers (eg. All4, Disc+) that require you to get the CURL(bash), input into a CURL to Python convertor. Copy that Python data, etc.
    I'd love python code where you simply input the CURL into my script and it does the conversion for you, returning with a string (instead of having to do it manually).
    For Channel 4, look here: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/407024-Channel-4-downloader
    This person worked out how their site works from top-to-bottom and the result is you don't even need anything from the website other than the URL of an episode.

The uncurl Python library is meant to turn cURL command lines into requests calls, but I could never get it to work. It would be the easiest way to do what you want though if you have better luck than me.

The guy behind curlconverter.com made a Node.js library (the site seems to be an interface to it), so I just installed Node.js and that library (npm install --global curlconverter && npm link curlconverter) and had the Python script run Node:

Code:
    headers_dest = rf"widevine_keys/headers2.py"
    headers2_gen_script = "curl_headers_to_python.js"
    with open(headers2_gen_script, "w", encoding="utf8") as f:
    	f.write(rf"""require('fs').writeFileSync('{headers_dest}', require('curlconverter').toPython(`{widevine_license_curl_command}`))""")
    subprocess.check_call(["node", headers2_gen_script])
    try:
    	os.remove(headers2_gen_script)
    except:
    	pass
    which would have Node write out the converted headers to widevine_keys/headers2.py. I pulled out the license server URL itself from the cURL command-line with a bad regex. If you want the output in your script instead of a file, console.log and subprocess.Popen could probably achieve that.

(widevine_license_curl_command being the curl command-line itself.)

Back to ITVX. All the advertising hype about it was claiming it will be glorious 1080p. All I'm getting is exactly what ITV Hub was. That is crappy 896x504 @ around 1400K with the godawful 96Kbps audio. Is everybody else getting similar?
    I'm guessing you get HD with an L1 CDM. Try the ITVX app on an unrooted Android phone/phone still with Widevine L1 or an iPhone and you'll probably get HD there.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @ AbortRetryFail Wow, some food for thought there. Many thanks for all that. I didn't even realise somebody else had streamlined All4 player better than myself lol.

What my All4 script does:
    All the user has to do is first copy to clipboard from that cURL to Python convertor.
    He'll also have to input (when prompted) the mpd URL, license URL and final file name that he wants. The script does the rest:

It takes the string that's on the clipboard, adds it to start of a barebones headers.py, extracts the request_id and token and copies it to existing text in headers.py.
    Then it takes the inputted mpd URL & licence and finds KEY# using our old friendly l3.py
    Then it downloads encrypted audio and video files, using aria2c of course (at the same time making sure it uses the none AD audio stream where that's appropriate).
    Then it decrypts same.
    Then it muxes to the final file name.
    Then it gets rid of the shite lol.

Three months ago I hadn't done any coding of any form (well, apart from Basic in the early 1980s and 6502 and Z80 machine code programming, again early 1980s).

Purely from using some excellent Python tutorials on YouTube, I'm not too bad now (but still "wet behind the ears" compared to even many amateurs). And it's fun. And it's not too late to learn. I'm in my 70s lol.

[QUOTE=AbortRetryFail;2672944]
    Originally Posted by deccavox View Post

I'm guessing you get HD with an L1 CDM. Try the ITVX app on an unrooted Android phone/phone still with Widevine L1 or an iPhone and you'll probably get HD there.
    I don't believe it's anything to do with which widevine encoding they're using. Even if you just stream the video in a browser, it's SD quality only.
    So, I'm not getting 1080p full stop. as I asked, is it the same for everybody else?
    Maybe it'll come. The roll out date for ITVX was supposed to be Dec 8. So it's early.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by deccavox View Post
    So, I'm not getting 1080p full stop. as I asked, is it the same for everybody else?
    Maybe it'll come. The roll out date for ITVX was supposed to be Dec 8. So it's early.
    Not getting 1080p no matter what I tried.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

Following on from this, I'm looking to do something similar to the OP.

I had downloaded the first 15 episodes of The World Cup Preview Show on ITV Hub just using ClipGrab. Evidently, ITV Hub has now changed to ITVx and that no longer works. I presume there is some form of encoding that stops ClipGrab working its magic. Annoyingly, there is only 1 episode left!!

So I read this post, and specifically the reply from Vegeta, downloaded the Crash Course and attempted to follow the process....Bearing in mind I have absolutely no experience (or knowledge!) in coding there is very, very little chance I'll be able to manage that. For a stater, I downloaded Eme logger script with TamperMonkey add-on and the data I got when I hit F12 was very different from what Vegeta had on the right-hand side of his video. I couldn't see any init data in the console tab or anything to get the licence in Network. Clearly I'm missing something....

All I really want is a means by which I can save the last episode as an MP4 or AVI onto my PC. I appreciate that that's maybe not as simple as it sounds (to me anyway!) I'm hoping that someone could suggest a work-around. I tried using Bandicam to "film" the episode but that didn't work, either. There was audio on the video but just a black screen. Frustrating how simple it was before and how difficult it would appear to be now!!

I'd appreciate any help here but please bear in mind I have a very, very limited understanding of how these things work.

I'm also hoping to do the same for the highlights of the matches when the World Cup starts.....

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Tuck Pendleton View Post
    Annoyingly, there is only 1 episode left!!
    My internet quota is limited so I can't download it then upload it for you, but give me the URL and I'll get you the key and relevant information.
    Last edited by adrian44; 19th Nov 2022 at 22:08.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cedric8528 View Post
    Wow. What an absolute top man. Thank you very much!!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by deccavox View Post
    I don't believe it's anything to do with which widevine encoding they're using. Even if you just stream the video in a browser, it's SD quality only.
    You're right. I tried the ITV app (the latest version Google Play would offer me, which still carries ITV Hub branding and not ITVX) on my phone with a valid L1 and the manifest it still pulls down on the phone for the first episode of Broadchurch offers 896x504 max. My crude attempts at URL manipulation didn't net me anything higher than that.

I'd be surprised if they end up offering 1080p except for very special broadcasts or if you're paying them, as they have a good thing going here: serve 1001 ads to users before actually playing an episode with poor quality to save on bandwidth costs. Maybe I need the actual ITVX app and to try it on something recently released for 1080p...
    Last edited by AbortRetryFail; 20th Nov 2022 at 04:31.
    Quote Quote  
  15. How do some manage to obtain 1080p versions of ITV programs then? I've obtained a few events that ITV exclusively broadcast, created by others, that are in 1080p resolution. I wonder?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by adrian44 View Post
    How do some manage to obtain 1080p versions of ITV programs then? I've obtained a few events that ITV exclusively broadcast, created by others, that are in 1080p resolution. I wonder?
    Probably one of the following, I'd hazard:
    • The Hub/ITVx is skipped entirely and the program was captured from a TV broadcast
    • 1080p might be offered if you're using the app on a TV
    • Or just plain better knowledge than what I have. This phone is running an old Android version and the ITV app might've detected root, which might play into the decision to feed it a basic stream. The cynic in me still thinks they'll try and serve poor streams where possible though
    Quote Quote  
  17. Makes sense. Thanks a lot.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by AbortRetryFail View Post
    Originally Posted by deccavox View Post
    I'd be surprised if they end up offering 1080p except for very special broadcasts or if you're paying them, as they have a good thing going here: serve 1001 ads to users before actually playing an episode with poor quality to save on bandwidth costs. Maybe I need the actual ITVX app and to try it on something recently released for 1080p...
    Thanks for confirming it's not just me getting 504p from ITVX.
    Regarding what you get if you pay the subs. A mate of mine went for that (OK, he gets a 7 day free trial before the payment kicks in) and it's still only 504p.

ITV are one of the main broadcasters in the UK, so 1080p should be the norm these days for them. BBC iplayer offers 1080p (and 4K on certain shows). Pretty much everything on ITV1 is on STV player which is 1080p (which is none encrypted apart from some imported boxsets and major live sports). All4 is 1080p. Discovery+ is 1080p (mainly for Quest and Really). So, in the UK, apart from ITV, the only free-to-air channel players that are not 1080p are My5 (for CH5 and its offshoots) and UKTV play (for Dave, Drama, Yesterday, W channels). In ROI, RTE player is 1080p as well.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by deccavox View Post
    So, in the UK, apart from ITV, the only free-to-air channel players that are not 1080p are My5 (for CH5 and its offshoots) and UKTV play (for Dave, Drama, Yesterday, W channels). In ROI, RTE player is 1080p as well.
    So... 1080p ITVX depends on device. FireTV was certainly giving 1080p for some things (and actually was doing for at least a week while it was still ITVHub). I'm waiting until the actual launch date next month to see if anything changes.

EDIT: ITV have now made some changes... My Android device is now giving 720p in the manifest

UKTVPlay are going HD.... As of the middle of next week they will begin adding anything new in HD and also updating existing content bit by bit.

My5 have said they are looking into HD (Its already available in HD on some Samsung TV's and Bluray players)... They said they have no timeline for any kind of updates though.
    Last edited by T33V33; 24th Nov 2022 at 10:53.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Ditto re low quality from ITVX.

Has anyone managed to get the keys for ITVX using l3.py and their own CDM. No issues using getwvkeys but I do like to be as self sufficient as possible. (I have it working for C5, UKTV etc) but keep getting errors with ITVX headers.

lcsneil
    Quote Quote  
  21. Is there a solution to downloading the video/audio from ITVX? Had no luck with yt-dlp or N_m3u8DL-CLI v3.0.2.

Getting the keys is not a problem.

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by stevepen1974 View Post
    Is there a solution to downloading the video/audio from ITVX? Had no luck with yt-dlp or N_m3u8DL-CLI v3.0.2.

Cheers
    yt-dlp.exe --allow-u -N 6 "url" that one will download from ITVX
    Quote Quote  
  23. Many thanks, iamghost - all good now with downloading.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I appreciate these tips. Unfortunately, I am about medium skill level. Copying links into Videomass worked in the past: whether that meant copying directly from ITV Hub into Videomass or discovering a more hidden URL via VideoHelpDownloader and then pasting that URL into Videomass (i.e., FIFA TV.com).

Oddly, but not surprising, using The Stream Detector can produce MP4 links but those links are only for the ads that play before the content:
    https://www.itv.com/watch/world-cup-classics/10a3062/10a3062a0033

https://www.itv.com/watch/world-cup-classics/10a3062/10a3062a0024
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by stevepen1974 View Post
    Is there a solution to downloading the video/audio from ITVX? Had no luck with yt-dlp or N_m3u8DL-CLI v3.0.2.

Cheers
    Is that using getwvkeys or is that using the github python program (l3.py) locally and using your own CDM?

lcsneil
    Quote Quote