VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can we please stay on-topic? This topic will come in handy if someone wants to gauge the interest in VRD. Random discussions on various video problems will cloud the primary purpose of the topic.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try this website: https://videobolt.net/simple-video-tools/reverse

Drag & drop your video to where it says to on the webpage. Once it has uploaded you will get a "Reverse & download" button. It will then download.

I tried it with a 5 min video and it worked fine. No need to sign in or register.

I've no idea how many times you can use the site without registering, but I was able to do two videos.

The reversed videos played fine with both video and audio being reversed.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Never mind
    Last edited by Bridgy; 3rd Sep 2024 at 22:41.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Marayong View Post
    Bridgy. I have no need for 4K, so I stayed with the non-pro version. Neither of the tvs are 4K compatible, nor any of the cabling and my eyesight is less that ideal and any benefits of 4K would be lost on me. Ditto my wife's eyesight is less than ideal. Dunno offhand if the non-pro version offers HEVC support or not, but that also comes with hardware compatibility issues (ie the tv). Both of our tvs are old (over 15 years), but are still working fine and don't have a single dropped pixel ... so why replace them given our eyesight isn't good enuf to justify the cost of going up to 4K. I also do my video recording with a capture card and higher bitrates are a lot more demanding on the computer. The card I have supports up to about 25mb/s bitrate. More than good enough with my eyesight.
    Ok well i had no idea you was still working with very old technology, and still have old TV's in your home, but, 4k is wonderful for those with poorer eyesight like i have, especially for reading, however having a 65" 4k samsung tv in my lounge room and a 75" in out theatre room absolutely does wonders, no need for the glasses unless there is translated sub titles on the screen that are too small for me to read properly.

I shoot video every day, i am the go to videographer for my whole family for family related stuff, i still shoot weddings for anyone that needs it, and so i was always going to have a need to move with the times, and 4k is about where i will stay, i have a camera that records 6k and 8k, but VRD does not like it, cutting 6k or 8k video files on a time line is impossible, not sure if TMPGEnc Smart Renderer 6 and Mastering Works7 can handle it, and smart render them as well.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Can we please stay on-topic? This topic will come in handy if someone wants to gauge the interest in VRD. Random discussions on various video problems will cloud the primary purpose of the topic.
    Ok i apologize for any off topic stuff that i have might have posted, i will try to stay ON TOPIC from now on and post other non related stuff elsewhere.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, what is the best forum section to get help on cropping black bars from the sides of several 1080p videos using VRD, or another tool if VRD cannot do it properly or accurately.

Only asking because i have never cropped videos in VRD before.

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  7. In theory I assume you could go to the videohelp forum main page and create a new discussion .. the downside is that I doubt many VRD users regularly check that page and you'd have to wait for google etc to index your post to maybe get a reply. Assuming you can work out how to create a new forum topic. There's no "create new post" link on the forum home page.

In answer to your question ... the non-pro version does allow you to crop videos. Primarily aimed at removing the black pillars of 4:3 videos recorded off a 16:9 source, but a quick browse of the VRD help indicates the amount of cropping is adjustable, both sides and top/bottom. Details can be found by searching for 'crop' in the VRD help. I have VideoReDo TVSuite 6. Don't know if this option is available in other versions of VRD. I've never used it myself, so I'm limited to what's in the VRD help. There are even some preset crop options.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bridgy View Post
    Hi, what is the best forum section to get help on cropping black bars from the sides of several 1080p videos using VRD, or another tool if VRD cannot do it properly or accurately.

Only asking because i have never cropped videos in VRD before.

Cheers

see this thread - https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/345410-Crop-Remove-black-bars-without-re-encoding
    see posts #17 & posts #47 on page 2
    and this reddit thread - https://www.reddit.com/r/mkvtoolnix/comments/147wa73/remove_black_bars_without_losing_quality/
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Marayong View Post
    In theory I assume you could go to the videohelp forum main page and create a new discussion .. the downside is that I doubt many VRD users regularly check that page and you'd have to wait for google etc to index your post to maybe get a reply. Assuming you can work out how to create a new forum topic. There's no "create new post" link on the forum home page.

In answer to your question ... the non-pro version does allow you to crop videos. Primarily aimed at removing the black pillars of 4:3 videos recorded off a 16:9 source, but a quick browse of the VRD help indicates the amount of cropping is adjustable, both sides and top/bottom. Details can be found by searching for 'crop' in the VRD help. I have VideoReDo TVSuite 6. Don't know if this option is available in other versions of VRD. I've never used it myself, so I'm limited to what's in the VRD help. There are even some preset crop options.
    i just had a go at cropping using my VRD Pro, it is rather strange in the way it works, so i just gave up, i will try the 2 links from october262

Thanks, i will take a look.

I did create a new Thread in the Editing Section, no replies so far.

I tried to keep this new Question out of this Thread so it does not go off topic again, don't want to ruffle any more feathers in here.

EDIT: seems like that guy in your Videohelp Thread link was trying to do what i need, but most of what was posted made no sense, it ended up in a bit of a crap fight i think, so it was closed.

Often happens in these forums when you have so many experts, and i noticed that even they can't even agree on a lot of stuff.

This is my new Thread.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/415869-Cropping-Black-Bars-from-1080p-video-files
    Last edited by Bridgy; 9th Sep 2024 at 04:27.
    Quote Quote