VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,
    is there a way to download a drm video without browser ?
    I want explain a bit more. I'm running OpenBSD operating system that does not support DRM on chrome, so that I can't play the video. For this reason I'd like to try to download it and watch it offline.
    So the best solution would be download and decrypt it to watch offline.
    The other, uncomfortable, solution would be fire up a new physical machine and install windows or linux just for this purpose that is a bit absurd.
    Obviously openbsd support python, yt-dl and so on.
    Would be good just download the encrypted stream and the key, then decrypt all with an other machine that can be windows or linux. But I wouldn't want to connect these machine to internet.
    Anyone could help me ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. yes its possible, but only once you know how to get the manifest link and how to get the decryption keys.
    you could setup a virtual windows machine to understand the method, create scripts and then use that on openbsd.
    Quote Quote  
  3. could you give me further details ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. have you tried creating the windows machine and playing the video?
    theres lots of threads here about finding the mpd/m3u8 links and how to download them

without knowing which site it is, the information is going to very generic
    Quote Quote  
  5. I know how to find the mpd file on windows or linux by browser on other os, but as I already said I don't want to use a windows machine to connect to internet. If I could I play the video and I'd watchi it there.
    Then I don't want use the browser. The site is a site that was been already said that users don't want give support.. because of drm... it's AMZ but I don't want why this.. I paid for my account and I use the downloaded movies just for watching offline because my operating system don't support drm..I don't use it for any illegal purpose..
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by DRMdec View Post
    I know how to find the mpd file on windows or linux by browser on other os, but as I already said I don't want to use a windows machine to connect to internet. If I could I play the video and I'd watchi it there.
    Then I don't want use the browser. The site is a site that was been already said that users don't want give support.. because of drm... it's AMZ but I don't want why this.. I paid for my account and I use the downloaded movies just for watching offline because my operating system don't support drm..I don't use it for any illegal purpose..
    you really have to understand the api ,, then create a script using php ,, javascript or python to make the api calls
    if you understand how the api works then you can essentially recreate the whole process giving you the data that you need
    Quote Quote  
  7. Sorry I don't understand you. I'm not making any web site so why you tell me that I have to know the php api ?
    I just want download a drm video without browser then decrypt it.
    I don't want build a web site.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by DRMdec View Post
    Sorry I don't understand you. I'm not making any web site so why you tell me that I have to know the php api ?
    "A DRM video?" Be little more specific...

I'm new on this forum but not in general, but hey... You can't download a DRM protected video from a streaming services without visiting the site...
    If that's what you wanna do.
    Quote Quote  
  9. If you're new then I don't know that there are some sites that cannot be typed here like AMZ (use your fantasy to guess the site).
    youtube-dl is not a browser but a tool to download videos without a browser.
    I didn't say that I don't want visit a site... just don't use a browser.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by DRMdec View Post
    Sorry I don't understand you. I'm not making any web site so why you tell me that I have to know the php api ?
    lol

first you have to understand the website api from were the video is

you want to download the video by not visit the site right ? as i understand

if you can access the api then you can make a simple script to access all videos and never have to make a visit to the site

if you dont understand my post and what im trying to explain ,, maybe its not for you ?
    Quote Quote  
  11. sounds like they want someone to just give them a script that will do it all without doing any work...
    Quote Quote  
  12. As I know to download the video I have to use the widevine chrome extension that give me KID:KEY couple. But as I understand I need the mpd file too. Anyway to have both things I need a browser. I'm just asking if I can get these things without using a web browser just because any browser under openbsd does not support widevine drm. Then it cannot play the video... then I cannot have mpd file and/or KID:KEY. I'm asking if I can get those things just with any script like yt-dlp or youtube-dl or others... then NO BROWSER but YES VISITING the web site without browser. The other option I have is make a new physical machine with windows and use official amazon prime appl. I could use virtual machine but I don't want.
    The best would be use any script that can use session cookie to download erverything. Is there anything like that ?
    As I know download video to watch it offline with a legal paid account is legal. Infact amazon prime permits that with its software.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by DRMdec View Post
    As I know to download the video I have to use the widevine chrome extension that give me KID:KEY couple. But as I understand I need the mpd file too. Anyway to have both things I need a browser. I'm just asking if I can get these things without using a web browser just because any browser under openbsd does not support widevine drm. Then it cannot play the video... then I cannot have mpd file and/or KID:KEY. I'm asking if I can get those things just with any script like yt-dlp or youtube-dl or others... then NO BROWSER but YES VISITING the web site without browser. The other option I have is make a new physical machine with windows and use official amazon prime appl. I could use virtual machine but I don't want.
    The best would be use any script that can use session cookie to download erverything. Is there anything like that ?
    As I know download video to watch it offline with a legal paid account is legal. Infact amazon prime permits that with its software.

The answer is yes and is the same as I posted above
    You need to understand the api endpoints and then you can create a php or python script to call the requests and get the information you require to grab the mpd and and key
    Quote Quote  
  14. can someone help me download drm videos in udemy pls? i really need to download a course
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by digitalusername View Post
    can someone help me download drm videos in udemy pls? i really need to download a course
    Is that you RajLinux?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by A_n_g_e_l_a View Post
    Is that you RajLinux?

always remember
    Originally Posted by rajhlinux View Post
    my username has "linux" just so that i can tell you that i do not even use it.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by DRMdec View Post
    Hello,

But I wouldn't want to connect these machine to internet.

Anyone could help me ?
    So basically you want someone else to visit Amzn to get you the manifest and keys to an as yet un-named video so you can download and decrypt it offline?

Even if you're not using a browser how are you going to download it if you dont want to connect your machines to the internet then ?

And most if not all of the currently available scripts will need a cookie too. How are you going to get this ?
    Last edited by codehound; 20th Jun 2022 at 03:40.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by digitalusername View Post
    can someone help me download drm videos in udemy pls? i really need to download a course
    Stop hijacking threads.

And you missed the last 3 words off your post "......to sell it."
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by DRMdec View Post
    Hello,
    .... I'm running OpenBSD operating system that does not support DRM on chrome, so that I can't play the video. For this reason I'd like to try to download it and watch it offline.
    Anyone could help me ?
    You have a phone? It has a browser and it can download DRMed material. https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/405466-Downloading-and-decryption-on-your-Android-phone

(OpenBSD? I guess you are at university and on their systems?)
    Quote Quote