VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As he now has a well deserved ban (considerably later than on other forums I'm a mod on), I'm too late to reply to him but seeing in https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/405177-Youtube-stress-test-Did-the-YT-encoding-qua...nce-past-years how some had received messages by PM from him. I also received one but I thought others may appreciate it as it has nothing to do with video and the content made me wonder what he had been smoking, drinking and/or injecting. This is what I received:

Hello , you always "kind" and "dear" user: Richard_G!

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/405177-Youtube-stress-test-Did-the-YT-encoding-qua...nce-past-years

My I have a suggestion about your info box? If I were you, I wouldn't promt "Peterborough" in my infobox, because it is a very ugly city, similar to most English cities. England has excellent nice small towns and nice villages (maybe, maybe the best in Europe), but the cities are boring and ugly like hell. Is it maybe a genetic trait of Germanic speaking nations? Who knows...

Best wishes!
    Have a nice day!

Bye!
    Quite why he chose to insert a link to his latest thread I have no idea as I didn't post in that one, maybe he was just hoping to get someone else to join in to massage his ego. As he has been banned he won't be able to read any reply to his PM but he may still be able to read this even if he can't reply. So, my reply to him would be:

Sorry pal but Peterborough is the nearest city to the, very pretty, village where I live but I'm not going to put a more specific location. Unlike your location of Cumi which, according to Google, doesn't exist, there is no place in the world with that name. English cities may be ugly in your view, and some of them are, but, unlike Hungary, we didn't have to rebuild them after the Germans had destroyed them in 1944 and at least we don't have the exceedingly ugly, grey concrete Soviet era apartment blocks that were put up by the occupiers after the war. As for England being a Germanic speaking nation, your knowledge of geopolitics seems a little off. Unlike Hungary, which has been invaded multiple times over the last couple of hundred years, Great Britain hasn't been invaded by anyone since 1066. I actually drove through Hungary about 7 years ago and would point out that other than the odd very nice building that didn't get destroyed by the invaders in both world wars most of it can, at best, be described as drab. That is except for the wood and tin shacks that the rest of the peasant population that don't live in a grey, concrete Soviet era apartment block in a city live in.

So now you can crawl back into your hole or wander the streets with your camcorder shooting video that nobody would willingly want to see. Hopefully someone may mistake it for a firearm and do the world a favour.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TBH I had thought that 'Cumi' was a local term for Budapest. But then.....

https://en.bab.la/dictionary/hungarian-english/cumi

Some time ago, in another forum, I was reminded that what is in a PM should stay in a PM. Even so, I did comment in that topic of the rather insulting manner of the PM I received.

Don't worry folks. As Arnie said "I'll be back". But will be rather 'normal' around here for a while.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Some time ago, in another forum, I was reminded that what is in a PM should stay in a PM. Even so, I did comment in that topic of the rather insulting manner of the PM I received.

Don't worry folks. As Arnie said "I'll be back". But will be rather 'normal' around here for a while.
    That's true but as it was an unsolicited message with dubious content, I thought it worth sharing.

You are quite correct, I'm sure he's already registered another username and will be back very soon....
    Quote Quote  
  4. I've received a dozen of PMs from him

Here are some of them:
    Hello user: sm-p!

What about a contest.? Who can make more detailed better quality video. You with the cheap DSLR or me with the fantastic sensor of the AX700.///blah blah blah///
    //few paragraphs later//I also noticed that 90-95% of the people who deal with electronics, computers (videoediting programming etc..) during their worktime usually had to wear glasses. I can not prove that, but it has a high chance that Cornucopia, Selur or Poisondeathray use thick eye glasses during their work. LITERALLY their eyes are victims of their profession.//it goes on//
    You call it fake, simply because it was so good in the reality. //and it goes on for like 5 paragraphs//
    Quote Quote