VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab All-in-One and download Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc! Or Try DVDFab and copy all Blu-rays and DVDs!

Try NordVPN to access Netflix or other streaming services from any country and also surf safely! Try NordVPN!
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I have TV channels that I can access on television and on the computer. On television, the channels are displayed in full HD resolution. On the computer, I use the Edge browser to access the TV channels, as it seems it's the only browser that is Widevine L1 capable. However, the stream is in 720p only, and when I right-click the video and select properties, it says Widevine L3 is used, hence the downgraded resolution... How could I do to have Edge display the stream using Widevine L1 instead of L3 DRM?
    Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Change the processor.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Video Streaming Downloading

Everything about downloading streaming video and audio streams from sites like Youtube, Vimeo, BBC, Facebook, etc. How to prepare video for streaming sites and how to stream video and audio. Also how to screen capture /record your desktop.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by calande View Post
    Hello,

I have TV channels that I can access on television and on the computer. On television, the channels are displayed in full HD resolution. On the computer, I use the Edge browser to access the TV channels, as it seems it's the only browser that is Widevine L1 capable. However, the stream is in 720p only, and when I right-click the video and select properties, it says Widevine L3 is used, hence the downgraded resolution... How could I do to have Edge display the stream using Widevine L1 instead of L3 DRM?
    Thank you.
    Its not true about Edge, what is true is that for WV L1 you need hardware authentication, a secure tunnel between server and device. TEE (trusted execution environment)

This is why you can get it on your phone (if you have something half reasonable) or your nVidia Shield device, tv etc, but not on a PC.

BTW wrong forum as [ss] vegeta said. This is Video Streaming Downloading, unless you think you can just copy and paste a L1 CDM in to some webscript for downloading purposes (?) I an assure you, it doesn't work like that.
    Last edited by codehound; 26th Nov 2021 at 16:20.
    Discord codehound#0348
    Quote Quote  
  5. Deceased
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by calande View Post
    I have TV channels that I can access on television and on the computer. On television, the channels are displayed in full HD resolution. On the computer,
    the stream is in 720p only
    Does the provider claim to offer "full HD resolution" (1080p?) over the edge web browser?

If the provider never attempts to send any better resolution than 720p to the brower, then the browser's capabilities aren't relevant.

For providers that do require elevated drm for HD on the edge browser, they often use playready instead of widevine.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Full HD isn't 1080p, I can download from many websites in 1080p with L3. (NBA LP, Hulu, Dazn, Showtime)

With full HD, the OP is probably talking about 4K.
    Discord codehound#0348
    Quote Quote  
  7. Deceased
    Search PM
    That's why I included the question mark (1080p?) in my prior reply, with the hope that the OP would clarify.

Although the term "Full HD" was adopted by equipment manufacturers to mean 1080p; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1080p
    AV equipment manufacturers have adopted the term Full HD to mean a set can display all available HD resolutions up to 1080p.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	HDvUHD.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	62019  

Image Attached Images  
    Last edited by blimey; 26th Nov 2021 at 16:57.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yea any clarification would be nice......website even (?).

Well he doesn't need a L1 CDM to view / download 1080p (in 99% of instances inc NF, Amzn plus all those I mentioned above use weekly).
    Last edited by codehound; 26th Nov 2021 at 17:33.
    Discord codehound#0348
    Quote Quote  
  9. Deceased
    Search PM
    Yes, it is up to the provider whether or not they use single or multiple content keys (and/or different levels of widevine) for different resolutions.

Whether or not they allow their 1080p resolutions to use the same content key (and/or level of widevine) may be done directly, or accidently (allowing for some workaround that wouldn't necessarily also work in their players).

That's why I asked the OP what the provider claims to support on the browser
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	content-keys.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	62020  

Quote Quote