VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone,

I seem to be having trouble getting the contents of a dvd off onto my pc. I have used isobuster successfully in the past to retrieve "missing" files before, but I'm a little stuck with this one. I ran the find missing files check and got to this stage in the attached image.

Then, like I did with a few of my other wonky dvds, I right clicked on the "extract files found via there signature" and then checked "extract but only filter mpeg frames", but on this one, nothing happens. Any ideas what's going on?? Thanks
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-03-07 205958.png
Views:	47
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	57709  

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    "Filter mpeg“ should be ignored/not used for DVDs & Blurays. It is designed to extract the true user data from MODE2FORM2 data sectors (those kinds of track sectors that are found in the MPEG tracks on VCDs & SVCDs). This was relayed to me by the author of ISOBuster directly. So, unless the algorithm got modified behind the scenes much later, it is not applicable to either VOBs or M2TSs.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    "Filter mpeg“ should be ignored/not used for DVDs & Blurays. It is designed to extract the true user data from MODE2FORM2 data sectors (those kinds of track sectors that are found in the MPEG tracks on VCDs & SVCDs). This was relayed to me by the author of ISOBuster directly. So, unless the algorithm got modified behind the scenes much later, it is not applicable to either VOBs or M2TSs.

Scott
    Hmmm, I'm pretty sure that's what I selected before on at least a few of my disks, either that or "Extract Files found via their signature" (I tried that as well on this one, but again, nothing). I made a thread a while ago with another disk that was giving me lots of trouble, and I found the solution by using the extract .ifo option (but this particular disk doesn't have the .ifo option) https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/398546-Video_TS-folders-from-my-disks-aren-t-copyi...-my-hard-drive

Any other suggestions??
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    yeah, extract via signatures is a completely different approach, with different targets.

you have multiple sessions. it makes me think that maybe an earlier session holds the info you need. most recorder/burner apps that support multiple sessions will default to carrying over the listings of contents in those earlier sessions through to each subsequent session until the final one. but it is possible that it didn't happen in this instance.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    yeah, extract via signatures is a completely different approach, with different targets.

you have multiple sessions. it makes me think that maybe an earlier session holds the info you need. most recorder/burner apps that support multiple sessions will default to carrying over the listings of contents in those earlier sessions through to each subsequent session until the final one. but it is possible that it didn't happen in this instance.

Scott
    When you mention "earlier sessions", are you referring to "Track 01" and so forth? When I go through and select each track, it appears there's nothing located within each one, with the exception of Track 07. So if that info really is embedded within those earlier tracks, is there a method or some other program you recommend that I can try to get access to them? (I'm admittedly inexperienced with dvd stuff like this, so please bear with me haha)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    yes. try the "missing files" option on those supposedly empty tracks.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    yes. try the "missing files" option on those supposedly empty tracks.

Scott
    Unfortunately, after running through each of the earlier tracks it doesn't look like there's anything new.
    Last edited by wjbraden; 8th Mar 2021 at 23:21.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Sorry to double post, but it looks like I just needed to update isobuster, everything works fine now. Thanks for all the the feedback though, you guys are great!
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    I think there are supposed to be some extra features in the 'Pro' version of IsoBuster, in case you were not referring to that one . . . ?
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote