VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    VRT launched an old serie from the sixties. As a collector of old tv's, I like to download the entire serie to watch it on such an old 60ies tv set.

In the past there was no problem downloading VRT.NU streams with uniconverter on the Mac. I tried it today and it doesn't download anything.

In this forum there's a big topic about "TVDownloader". The problem: it only works with Windows.

Can I reach my target on some way using an iMac computer?
    A similar program like TVDownloader would be fantastic!

Could someone advise me please?
    thanks!
    Gert
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by LZAA View Post
    Need access.
    Thanks you're willing to help me, but in that case you should create an account. It's free. It's impossible to provide my login, I think it's evident...
    Quote Quote  
  3. no account needed. simply use fb or google account.

TVDownloader don't get mpd link. not work with this site. you need to get mpd.

Aflevering 1
    Code:
    youtube-dl https://ondemand-cf.lwc.vrtcdn.be/content/vod/vid-93b483ed-7a7e-4002-b879-8a1c9e8300df-CDN_1/vid-93b483ed-7a7e-4002-b879-8a1c9e8300df-CDN_1_nodrm_410dedcc-8e07-4a24-b8c4-8b3645159411.ism/.mpd&selected_id=video=1082352
    Aflevering 2
    Code:
    youtube-dl https://ondemand-cf.lwc.vrtcdn.be/content/vod/vid-60c27aee-1e05-4e6a-8cb2-12a48777e4fb-CDN_1/vid-60c27aee-1e05-4e6a-8cb2-12a48777e4fb-CDN_1_nodrm_a7450379-b476-4bab-ae92-1732416de163.ism/.mpd&selected_id=video=1128023
    this method for win user. if u have mac, i'm out of game...
    Last edited by lomero; 16th Jun 2020 at 11:15.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    For Win enough options, but lots of troubles which vanished as a mac user. Even Parallels frustrates me. So please let there be an option to do this on a Mac...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member Emeritus
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by raverke95 View Post
    For Win enough options, but lots of troubles which vanished as a mac user. Even Parallels frustrates me. So please let there be an option to do this on a Mac...
    You tried running youtube-dl on os x, and you couldn't get it to work?

https://ytdl-org.github.io/youtube-dl/download.html
    Quote Quote  
  6. There is a Dutch site that recently has added support for vrtnu it's a online downloader no need to install anything just paste the url in the box it also works for kijk.nl rtlxl.nl and NPO.nl here is the link >> http://downloadgemist.nl/ if u need more help just let me know as i'am from Belgium myself goodluck
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    @ponens: I've installed it, but because of the VRT login obligation it doesn't download. Yesterday, I was out of time to search the how to. I'm not familiar with running programs in the terminal, so this is my very last option.

@ChezBompaLawijt: I tried this also. The serie I wanted to download contains 23 episodes (Magasien btw). Using your provided site for this isn't almost possible. You have to wait 24 minutes between every download.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member Emeritus
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by raverke95 View Post
    @ponens: I've installed it, but because of the VRT login obligation it doesn't download. Yesterday, I was out of time to search the how to. I'm not familiar with running programs in the terminal, so this is my very last option.
    All that need be supplied on the youtube-dl command line is the url to the .mpd, similar to the examples provided by laredo in post #6. Login is irrelevant when the .mpd url is used with youtube-dl.
    Quote Quote  
  9. This is a program to install works with windows linux and mac os link >> https://www.helpdeskweb.nl/gemistdownloader <<<<< scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click on Mac OS / Linux to download goodluck
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by ChezBompaLawijt View Post
    This is a program to install works with windows linux and mac os link >> https://www.helpdeskweb.nl/gemistdownloader <<<<< scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click on Mac OS / Linux to download goodluck
    How do you handle sites with login?
    Looking to your nickname, let's me believe you're from Flanders. So, give it a try to download an episode of "Magesien" from VRT.nu with gemistdownloader... I used it many times in the past on my Mac, but today it doesn't work anymore.

@ponens: I'll try this later and give the result here...
    Quote Quote  
  11. raverke i download occasionaly from vrt nu if i download something i go to the video page and i hit f12 or right click next to the video and click inspect dont play the video yet go to network and type in the search box mpd and hit refresh and play the video and you will see .mpd right click and copy link andress and paste it in tvdownloader or youtube-dl and it wil download this is the hard way and you dont need any login for this it just downloads right away if u can get youtube-dl on mac to work you dont need to wait like downloadgemist goodluck and yeah like i said i'am from Belgium to as my name suggests
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Allright, I succeeded finally in setting up youtube-dl on my Mac.
    Could you please assist me by finding that mpd file?

Right clicked next to the video as you suggested (had first to switch on developer tools in Safari before I succeeded in that). Next went to "netwerk", typed in mpd, refresh and playing back that video, but I don't see a link address...
    I add a screen shot. What goes wrong here...

https://forum.videohelp.com/images/attach/png.gif
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Schermafbeelding 2020-06-19 om 19.28.48.png
Views:	140
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	53868  

Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by raverke95 View Post
    Allright, I succeeded finally in setting up youtube-dl on my Mac.
    Could you please assist me by finding that mpd file?

Right clicked next to the video as you suggested (had first to switch on developer tools in Safari before I succeeded in that). Next went to "netwerk", typed in mpd, refresh and playing back that video, but I don't see a link address...
    I add a screen shot. What goes wrong here...

https://forum.videohelp.com/images/attach/png.gif
    If you refresh the page again it should appear if not try Chrome or Firefox this is wat it looks like after u copied the link u can use youtube-dl with this command for the best quality video command >> youtube-dl.exe -f best https://ondemand-cf-vrt.akamaized.net/content/vod/vid-14d10194-1218-4cc5-ae97-efa98598...9176d.ism/.mpd or the easy way just copy and paste the link in tvdownloader simple as that
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	VRT.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	196.3 KB
ID:	53871  

Last edited by ChezBompaLawijt; 19th Jun 2020 at 17:10.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    Indeed, with Firefox Mac edition it also works.
    I will try it tomorrow morning on the iMac with a big HDD. On that computer I succeeded with installing Youtube-dl.

Let you know the result...
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    I tried it this morning and succeeded on the iMac.
    But as well as on my macBook with Mojave running on it (iMac has Catalina), I had to use Firefox to determine the mpd file. Strange this file isn't showed by Safari...

Thanks for the info and the help!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Good you got it working you can also use ffmpeg on macos to download frorm vrt you can use this command example >> ffmpeg -i "https://ondemand-cf.lwc.vrtcdn.be/content/vod/vid-14d10194-1218-4cc5-ae97-efa985985d76-CDN_1/vid-14d10194-1218-4cc5-ae97-efa985985d76-CDN_1_nodrm_a40bd699-b27d-45df-afa1-f7b1da79176d.ism/.m3u8" -c copy -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc "output.mp4" also if you get some error with mpd link change .mpd to .m3u8 on youtube-dl or ffmpeg because sometimes it will error goodluck!
    Quote Quote  
  17. FWIW:
    Right now VRTnu offers two kind of streams : 1) unencrypted ones showing "_nodrm_" in the long URL, usually with local productions, and 2) short URL containing no "_nodrm_" in the URL, these are for encrypted international productions.
    1) can be downloaded as described above using youtube-dl or ffmpeg, and 2) can be downloaded with these same tools in their UNencrypted form by changing ".../remix.ism/.mpd" into ".../remix_aes.ism/.m3u8".
    youtube-dl and ffmpeg are also available for Linux, so you can always use these from that environment, which can be setup on a Mac as a virtual machine. There must exist Mac software that does this for free - I only use Windows and Linux.
    Quote Quote  
  18. National video's have 2 streams 1 mpd and 1 m3u8 both unencrypted the International video's have 3 streams 1 encrypted with sample aes fairplay second has vudrm aes 128 wich you can download the national video's with and 3 the encrypted mpd has widevine marlin and playready encryption
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Is there one possibility to download from VTMGo?
    I like to do that for the same reason as I do on VRTnu. There're lots of old series to playback on my old tv sets. It has to be downloaded before I can play it back on those.

But I think VTMgo protects his streams for downloading, or am I wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  20. indeed it has a DRM protection it also has hls manifest(nodrm) which doesnt seems to be working atm
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    damn, looking for the DVD's then. Hopefully I can find them.
    Quote Quote