VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I'm new here, and new to video editing. I will mainly be editing videos of bands, that I filmed myself. I need some video/title effects, and possibly some copyright free music. Can any recommend any good sites? I've seen a couple, but when I clicked on the link, it was a paid for clip.
    Quote Quote  
  2. When it comes to this sort of thing, you get what you pay for, meaning that the free stuff is going to be pretty lame.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by SameSelf View Post
    Have you tried www.pond5.com?
    Great site! Wasn't familiar with this one before
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Robm55 View Post
    I'm new here, and new to video editing. I will mainly be editing videos of bands, that I filmed myself. I need some video/title effects, and possibly some copyright free music. Can any recommend any good sites? I've seen a couple, but when I clicked on the link, it was a paid for clip.
    "Copyright-free" means public domain. Or did you mean "royalty-free" as in you don't have to pay every time you use it? For the latter, you usually still have to pay a fee upfront.

There's a fellow here on VH who has created a lot of music that he gives away in exchange for a credit. It's not bad though it tends to be all minor seventh chords.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Robm55 View Post
    and possibly some copyright free music. Can any recommend any good sites?
    Google for creative commons music: "Creative Commons" is a type of copyright that lets you use the music for free (similar to open source software), usually with "attribution" - that is, giving credit and a link back to the artist. Some CC licenses allow using their music in a video, others don't, but this is clearly explained on each tune's download page ("no derivative works" means it's not OK)

There are lots of sites. The trouble is having too much music to choose from -- not all of it of the highest quality, so digging is required. You can search YouTube for creative commons music. There's Free Music Archive. There's BandCamp. Definitely check out incompetech.com, a very popular and high quality source for short instrumental pieces. I have been using ccmixter.org; as a rule, all music pieces there have licenses that allow them to be cut up, remixed and used in your video projects. Some are available as individual instrument tracks for easier remixing.

EDIT JVRaines' suggestion is another good one. I'm bookmarking it.
    Last edited by raffriff42; 6th Oct 2016 at 20:13.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Go to the Music Screen library, you’ll find high quality royalty free music. You can use it for free in you no commercial video. Enjoy

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
    Quote Quote