VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    what i'm looking for is an blu-ray authoring program that i can have multiple types of audio in the main movie and also make menus. dvd architect only allows one type of audio but you can have that multiples of that type in different languages. what i need is 6ch wav and dd5.1 what i don't want is to have to buy blu-print for 50,000. bludisc studio looked ok but it doesn't allow 6ch wav or any wav for that matter.

anyone have a working solution? what i wish for is a new version of dvd-lab pro for blu-ray.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  2. You really do know the universe here -- and its not very dense.

There's the expensive stuff you've named.
    Then there's the DVD Architect, TMPGenc Authoring Works and Encore tier.
    Then there's the basically freebies that probably won't meet your audio track needs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The one in between super expensive studio/commerical authoring with bdcmf, and the less expensive tier, would be DoStudio Indie .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i suppose 3000 for dostudio is less the 50000 sony wants for blu-print, but still out of reach. i only do local recitals, concerts, sporting events that require small numbers of discs to be produced.

i record concerts/recitals in 4 channels of 24/96 wav and would like to use the 6ch wavs i create to keep the best audio for them. architect and encore won't accept them. anyone know if tmpgenc a.w. will?
    --
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i looked on the tmpgenc site and it seems to be the answer i maybe? it will produce 5.1 wavs but i don't see where it says it will use them when authoring blu-rays.
    Last edited by aedipuss; 29th Mar 2016 at 19:49.
    --
    Quote Quote  
  6. Why not just download a trial of TAW5 if you are uncertain of the needed functionality? I did so when I was determining whether to go with TAW5, DoStudio, or DVDA.

EDIT: Correction. It wasn't DoStudio that I demo'd. It was Blu-Disc Studio. These programs all sound alike!
    Last edited by SameSelf; 1st Apr 2016 at 14:12.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i shall demo taw5 when i have a couple days to play with it. i was only asking to see if by chance someone already knew the answer in order save time if it's a hopeless effort.
    --
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for mentioning Blu-Disc Studio SameSelf. I wasn't aware that they had a free version available. I'll have to explore it a bit.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    Thanks for mentioning Blu-Disc Studio SameSelf. I wasn't aware that they had a free version available. I'll have to explore it a bit.
    Sure. The only problem was that it doesn't have a muxing tool. So I had no idea what to do with the files afterwards. Perhaps you know a way out of this problem? My experience is limited.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    i shall demo taw5 when i have a couple days to play with it. i was only asking to see if by chance someone already knew the answer in order save time if it's a hopeless effort.
    I hear ya mate. I downloaded the demo, played with it, got sidetracked demo'ing DVDA, then went back and found my demo license was over. I think the demo lasted about two weeks IIRC. So you definitely want to make sure you have the time before pulling the trigger. I wasn't too fussed though because I hated the way TAW5 forced you into using their templates as I was looking for a BDMV authoring tool that was fully customizable. Also, I didn't like that TAW5 doesn't create ISO's (I know ImgBurn can do so, but it was still annoying). I know this isn't the answer you are looking for, but I find that getting answers to payware specific questions on VH is very hit or miss unless you are talking about the consumer oriented big guns like Adobe or Vegas.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by SameSelf View Post
    Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    Sure. The only problem was that it doesn't have a muxing tool. So I had no idea what to do with the files afterwards. Perhaps you know a way out of this problem? My experience is limited.
    In the options you can use tsMuxeR and ffprobe. I've got it set up now, but haven't had time to experiment with it yet.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    [edited for fairness to the 1.0.7 version] blu-disc studio works with avc as long as you change a settings in the muxing options.
    Last edited by aedipuss; 11th Apr 2016 at 14:18.
    --
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The free version is NOT really an indication.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i would think if b.s. studio is going to release a free version with their name on it, they might want to make it at a minimum work. it's not going to get them any customers buying the paid versions as it is.
    --
    Quote Quote  
  15. Blu-Disc Studio developer CDK's Avatar
    Search PM
    aedipuss, Blu-Disc Studio Lite version updated to 1.0.7 - you can try it. And what is your problem? Is there an error message?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    tried the 1.0.7 - it does now allow manual chapter point insertion. it still wouldn't accept a csv file from vegas. but it won't correctly mux a movie only blu-ray. when trying to play the output it shows some black m1.png and the player says can't identify codec. when it finally gets to the movie it looks like this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-1427-08-20-05h04m56s068.png
Views:	154
Size:	242.0 KB
ID:	36422
    --
    Quote Quote  
  17. Blu-Disc Studio developer CDK's Avatar
    Search PM
    Hmmm.. It's very strange. Can you share a project with movie samples?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it's looking like it might be a bitrate problem. dvd architect didn't have a problem with 40mbps max video and both vlc and mpc-hc play the avc file with 640 ac-3 audio fine but when blu disc studio muxes it vlc barfs and mpc-hc plays it like a slide show with tearing arifacts like this.

Name:	00000.mpls_snapshot_00.05_[2016.04.07_11.14.12].jpg
Views:	154
Size:	226.4 KB
ID:	36428
    --
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    just my guess but is it possible your muxer can't handle high bitrate avc with the blu-ray spec required 4 slices? any prizes for bug squashing? need a beta tester? i'm always working on oddball projects others don't want.
    --
    Quote Quote  
  20. Blu-Disc Studio developer CDK's Avatar
    Search PM
    What muxer are you using - internal in BDS MX (compile) or tsMuxer?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    in version 1.0.6 it was tsmuxer i believe was what was required. the program used whatever installed in 1.07 as i didn't change anything with that version. both ended with the same result. what does 1.0.7 default to?
    --
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i'm rendering some sony avc with a lower bitrate and 1 slice to test atm
    --
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    well that was a waste of an afternoon. bds can't properly mux 1 slice low bitrate avc either. by the way i don't see any choice in 1.0.7, it's tsmuxer or nothing. here's an output text from tsmuxer.

Name:	2016-04-07_172927.png
Views:	588
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	36433
    --
    Quote Quote  
  24. tsmuxer is known to be problematic in some cases. Too bad if that's what it's using

I don't know if the options are exposed in blu disc studio , but you should uncheckmark insert SEI, continually insert SPS/PPS. In the command line it looks like "insertSEI, contSPS", delete those if it's exposed
    Quote Quote  
  25. Blu-Disc Studio developer CDK's Avatar
    Search PM
    tsMuxer is not our software. This is a freeware muxer developed by physic (Roman). You can try to mux your movie by tsMuxer directly - run tsMuxerGUI.exe. And there are various options in tsMuxer which you can enter in the Project -> Project properties -> Streams -> Additional tsMuxer parameters for video. To see a list of these options you need to run tsMuxer.exe in the console window.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Blu-Disc Studio developer CDK's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    but you should uncheckmark insert SEI, continually insert SPS/PPS. In the command line it looks like "insertSEI, contSPS", delete those if it's exposed
    Yes, you can remove it in the Project -> Project properties -> Streams -> Additional tsMuxer parameters for video.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    a final note. blu-disc studio lite 1.0.7 with tsmuxer works perfectly with blu-ray mpeg-2. DON'T USE AVC!!!

[edit]or use poisondeathray's suggestion and delete the option settings of insert sps/pps and use that as default. then avc works also.
    Last edited by aedipuss; 7th Apr 2016 at 17:39.
    --
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    it's looking like it might be a bitrate problem. dvd architect didn't have a problem with 40mbps max video
    40 mbps? That is very interesting. Anytime I encode video above 28 mbps using x264, DVDA complains and wants to transcode. How do you get DVDA to accept encodes >28 mbps?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    a final note. blu-disc studio lite 1.0.7 with tsmuxer works perfectly with blu-ray mpeg-2. DON'T USE AVC!!!

[edit]or use poisondeathray's suggestion and delete the option settings of insert sps/pps and use that as default. then avc works also.
    This makes me think I need to give BD Studio another look. I will be authoring a BD in DVDA soon. The lion share of my efforts occur outside of DVDA. Once all that heavy lifting in complete, the effort in DVDA is so lightweight I think that giving BDS Lite another shot is worth another try.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SameSelf View Post
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    it's looking like it might be a bitrate problem. dvd architect didn't have a problem with 40mbps max video
    40 mbps? That is very interesting. Anytime I encode video above 28 mbps using x264, DVDA complains and wants to transcode. How do you get DVDA to accept encodes >28 mbps?

it's mainconcept avc and mc mpeg output from vegas pro 13. there are a presets for 25mbps with a max of 40mbps. dvda will error out if the average is set to 30mbps. blu-disc studio didn't have a problem with 30mbps.
    --
    Quote Quote